Gas door...no go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas door...no go!

Help...I'm both a new owner and new member. Got out yesterday and pushed gas door button,,,nothing.! Any body encountered similiar? It feels like there is nothing on the end. Can you get it open from trunk? Thanks...Race King

Ok, so this may be a stupid comment, but you say you "pushed" the gas button. This is supposed to be "pulled" to release the door.

Embarrassingly, it took me a few minutes to even find the stupid button my first time...
    Last edited by hobbit; 04-25-2008, 12:38 PM. Reason: Spelling / Grammar
    sigpic
    1999 Acura TL Black / Black
    (You know what they say - Once you go Black on Black... )

Comment

I had an overnight test drive on a low tank. Got to the point where I needed gas to get it back to the dealer.

So, I'm sitting at the HEB gas station in Bee Cave (some know where) flipping through the car manual to try to figure out how to open that latch.

Welcome! It is good to have you, and you are not alone. :

Comment

It took me a couple of times to get it right - I'd find it, then the next time I'd fill up and I would have to look for it again...
        A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Welcome and congratulations!

If pulling the button doesn't work, then yes you can get to the cable assembly through the trunk.

You'll have to let us know how long it takes you to find the "secret" compartment and the oil dipstick. (Don't worry about it, we've all been there.)
          Last edited by Geo02s2k; 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

hahahahahah the oil dipstick had me looking thru my manual hehe
            i was spoiled. i borrowed my friend's s before i got my own so he showed me the gas door button and the secret compartment... however i was stumped for the oil stick LOL. I was sitting at the gas station looking like the OC dingbat i can be

Comment

Yea .. The dip stick had me stumped for a bit also.

Comment

The dipstick wasn't a problem for me, found it in about 15 seconds. The secret compartment I didn't even know existed until I read about it..then I went a hunting and found it. Maybe 1 minute. The gas door......

Picked up car and 1st required fill up.........uh...where is it?

3 minutes later, cousin was driving his car, we're both searching....err......

5 minutes later, gas attendent is looking with us. Um....

~10 minutes later..FOUND IT! Stupid thing isn't even labeled. First time I've seen it in that position too.

Comment

First time I saw my gas lever I thought I had bought a knock off s2000.

Comment

I didn't see the secret compartment for a couple of weeks. I stumbled upon it, accidentally opened it (don't ask.... ), and thought I'd broken the thing.
                    sigpic
                    1999 Acura TL Black / Black
                    (You know what they say - Once you go Black on Black... )

Comment

I really do love how everything is either hidden or in really odd spots on this car.

Comment

It amazes me that the person who sold you this car did not show any of this to you. It's such a simple car. Shame on them.

Comment

It took myself and random_guy_01 around 10 minutes to find the damn gas door release....*sigh* oh the memories ^_^

Comment

i did a lot of research before buying my S2000. The sales person at one dealership claimed he knew everything about the inside/out. So one of my questions for him, was "Where is the gas door release?"

He was unable to answer right away, as a matter of fact he was not able to find it. Needless to say, he did not get my sale. The guy i did buy the car from knew everything about the car, and he even owned one.

Comment

Originally posted by yinlun View Post
                              Stupid thing isn't even labeled.
                              It actually is labeled. I didn't think it was until I pulled the interior trim piece around it the other day to run some cable. It definitely says "GAS" but there's no way you can read it the way it is recessed and in the dark.

Comment

My wife and I were sitting at the gas station and I actually had to call my dad, who at the time had an S, to find out where it was.

Comment

I definitely sat at the gas station for 15-20 digging through every part of the car until i found that little gas release knob

Comment

Forgive me!

Okay, I had no problem with the Gas door release, but what is this secret compartment you speak of? I bought mine in March and am not sure what you guys are referring to.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lane_viper View Post
                                      Okay, I had no problem with the Gas door release, but what is this secret compartment you speak of? I bought mine in March and am not sure what you guys are referring to.

Thanks.
                                      Its right next to you when your in the car

Comment

Originally posted by s2k 4 me View Post
                                        Its right next to you when your in the car

Right or Left side? Are you talking about the compartment when you open the center console and then open the top section?

Comment

Working...
                                        X