S2KDAYS 2014 Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2KDAYS 2014 Status

One of the benefits of membership is being able to attend S2KDAYS, our annual national get-together. In 2014 we are planning for a weekend of fun and driving in the Pacific Northwest. Present planning will have us in the Portland, Oregon area.
    In this thread I intend to keep everyone informed of our progress in setting it up. This thread will be updated occasionally as progress is made that is reportable to you. So keep an eye out here to see what is coming up in 2014.
    Yes-it's worth it
    69.23%
    No-too expensive
    19.23%
    maybe-depends on finances at that time
    11.54%

The poll is expired.

sigpic
    Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

And here is your first update. We're presently working on hotels in the Hood River and Troutdale area. That is located just East of Portland. The PNW Chapter checked the area out and found there are lots of things to do and see, in addition to some great driving roads.
    Unfortunately, it is a popular resort area also. Which means hotels aren't going to be cheap (probably.) I'm expecting them to end up a bit over $100 a night. So start saving now. It will be worth it.
    As soon as we have a hotel, we can narrow down the exact date. Many people seem to want to do July. So we'll see what is possible from this end for late July to early August.
    sigpic

Comment

David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
      '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
      '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
      '11 Ford Ranger Sport
      '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
      '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
      '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Ray, you're off to a good start! PNW is a region I've always wanted to see. Spent a couple of days in Bremerton back in the early 90's but never got off base. The flight in was enough to convince me I need to get back there and spend some time driving around. It's a beautiful thing when an opportunity drops in your lap.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Really hoping I can make this one! Now to get Kyras (Patty) and S1997 (Jim) to go, as well. Can you say mini-meet in Durango afterwards? Hint...hint.
            Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
            2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

​​​​​

Comment

You are the best Ray, thank for keeping the Club informed of the progress.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Im trying to talk Katelyn into making this a "vacation" for us

Comment

Once we are back from Italy, I will be prepared to jump in and help. Shame I couldn't have the Mustang over here, but the rented Fiat is a hoot. It's a sort of SUV/station wagon that runs on diesel and has a six-speed gearbox. When you come to a stop and shift into neutral and let out the clutch, the revs drop to zero. As soon as you push in the clutch and shift into first, they go back up to idle. The in-dash display tells you when to shift up and down. It all works and the car is pretty easy to drive. Mileage should be interesting.

Comment

There would be an advantage to having S2KDAYS a bit earlier. Those who want to make it a vacation would have time before having to be home for the start of school season. I'll keep that in mind when planning days.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jukngene View Post
                      Really hoping I can make this one! Now to get Kyras (Patty) and S1997 (Jim) to go, as well. Can you say mini-meet in Durango afterwards? Hint...hint.
                      That would be fun, Gene.
                      ~Patricia~
                      '07 Laguna Blue S2000, '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX and '15 Mountain Mist Crosstour owner
                      Trabuco Canyon, CA

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                        There would be an advantage to having S2KDAYS a bit earlier. Those who want to make it a vacation would have time before having to be home for the start of school season. I'll keep that in mind when planning days.
                        That would be greatly appreciated.
                        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Didn't mean to exclude any of my other Vintage friends. Hoping that Scoots, Matt, Denny, Ken, Bob (Maggiemae), the rest of the OKI gang, and any others I may have missed can also attend!
                          Gene

​​​​​

Comment

Gene we are giving it serious thought
                            sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post
                              Gene we are giving it serious thought
                              You can do it, Bob. Pick up Rob in Winnipeg, then me (and maybe one or two others) in Calgary, then Mo in Mission and we can all convoy down.

Comment

Originally posted by repiv View Post
                                You can do it, Bob. Pick up Rob in Winnipeg, then me (and maybe one or two others) in Calgary, then Mo in Mission and we can all convoy down.
                                way further staying in Canada Remember TO is well South of the 49 th ! GPS says roughly 38 vs 48 hours to Portland from here
                                sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post
                                  way further staying in Canada Remember TO is well South of the 49 th ! GPS says roughly 38 vs 48 hours to Portland from here
                                  Just looked at Google Maps. You're right. Way too far.

Comment

Let's do it, Gene!
                                    Also consider combining the trip with this:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1048...rip-across-us/

Comment

Originally posted by S1997 View Post
                                      Let's do it, Gene!
                                      Also consider combining the trip with this:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1048...rip-across-us/
                                      I saw that post, Jim. I'll sure consider it, though I was thinking about a more northerly route going out to hit some of the states I have never driven in: Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North & South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Then a southerly route, such as the Rt. 50 one you high-lighted, to return. I hope we can do some, if not all, of this trip.
                                      Last edited by jukngene; 09-20-2013, 11:31 AM.
                                      Gene

​​​​​

Comment

I saw that post, Jim. I'll sure consider it, though I was thinking about a more northerly route going out to hit some of the states I have never driven in: Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North & South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Washington, and Oregon. Then a southerly route, such as the Rt. 50 one you high-lighted, to return. I hope we can do some, if not all, of this trip.
                                        Same website as referenced by Jim in his post (I've got the book, by the way): Oregon Trail or The Great Northern.
                                        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                                        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Working...
                                        X