Honda Sports EV unveiled yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Sports EV unveiled yesterday

"Honda Sports EV: there is nothing about it that makes my heart (or any other body part) whisper, 'I want you.' At the end of the day, that is what makes me buy a sports car."

I watched the unveiling. It does nothing for me. In fact, I thought it looked more exciting with the sheet draped over it.
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

I didn't watch because I knew it was going to be a let down. This probably destroyed some conspiracy theories about next gen S2Ks.

Comment

I dunno man. Conspiracy theorists are dang near impossible to convince even when they see it in plain light of day. Heck, some still say the birth certificate was forged. But I digress.

Most of the general populace S2000 owners I know reacted in disgust (or at least disappointment). But if the headlines are any indication, the motoring press appears to be experiencing a generally pleasurable bodily function down both lower appendages over this thing, and I'm just not joining them in that.
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
      https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

Comment

I never viewed the Sport EV as a potential replacement of the S2000, so in that aspect it was not a let down. As a completely new sporty EV, it didn't excite me either.

IMG_0175.JPG

I did see see the Urban EV that was revealed earlier this year and I liked it as a potential daily driver. However, all the articles said it was "too small" for the American market and was not likely to becoming here if it actually gets produced.

IMG_0174.JPG
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
        | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

I don't see the point of the grille opening for an EV. There is no functional use for it, so the car might as well look like a flattened egg for efficiency sake. The compromise between "it looks like a normal car" and "we've maximized efficiency" seems to have fallen short. At least they're getting back to curves, and the little halo headlight rings are cool. Contrast this car against the awful angular abomination of the new Civic and I think I like this better.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Hideous. Please do not import it.
            Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
            After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
              I don't see the point of the grille opening for an EV. There is no functional use for it, so the car might as well look like a flattened egg for efficiency sake. The compromise between "it looks like a normal car" and "we've maximized efficiency" seems to have fallen short. At least they're getting back to curves, and the little halo headlight rings are cool. Contrast this car against the awful angular abomination of the new Civic and I think I like this better.
              All of the grill openings look like they're covered in plexi or polycarbonate. They give the look of a traditional car styling without creating additional drag.

Comment

Yeah I saw that in some other pics, along with that horrid bubble top.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Working...
                X