Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HID lights upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HID lights upgrade

    Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my lights and I'm questioning of what is the best decision. My friend recommended me to use HID lights which is a great choice. He also gave me this site xenonpro for me to purchase. Has anyone here have different recommendations which you believe is better?

  • #2
    The OEM lowbeams are HID. The highbeams are halogen from factory and the best you will do is an LED upgrade, if you can find a kit that will work with the S2000's wire-spring clip. The highbeams use an adapter that holds an H1 bulb in the housing using the aforementioned clip and this is what makes it difficult to find solutions other than halogen bulbs. I wouldn't recommend using any HID kit as they need appropriate projector housings to work correctly and you will most likely end up with light that is no better or worse than the halogen bulb; the projected pattern will most likely be unfocused and detrimental to the vision of oncoming drivers.

    I ordered a cheapish ($50) LED kit that I am going to see if I can adapt to work correctly with the housing. I'll be happy to report back with my results (if any) after this weekend.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LegendAuto View Post
      Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my lights and I'm questioning of what is the best decision. My friend recommended me to use HID lights which is a great choice. He also gave me this site xenonpro for me to purchase. Has anyone here have different recommendations which you believe is better?
      This is a really bad (and transparent) ad for xenonpro.

      Upcoming events:

      Rock the Dragon 2018 - The Spring S2000 Dragon Event! May 10-13 at Deal's Gap. Registrer HERE!

      Spring Fling 2018 - Upstate NY. June 1-3. Registration opens soon!


      All presented by: The Double Dragon Group, LLC

      “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
      Attributed to Albert Einstein
      ______________________________________________
      2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
      2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
        This is a really bad (and transparent) ad for xenonpro.
        Didn't think the site had enough outside traffic to warrant something like that. That'll teach me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fokker View Post

          Didn't think the site had enough outside traffic to warrant something like that. That'll teach me.
          Never underestimate the power of the almighty dollar. Either way, your response was basically "we have the best lights we can get, so thanks but no thanks." Well done.

          "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


          sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fokker View Post
            I ordered a cheapish ($50) LED kit that I am going to see if I can adapt to work correctly with the housing. I'll be happy to report back with my results (if any) after this weekend.
            While the initial post does reek of spamminess, your reply was absolutely wonderful and, frankly, quite informative. I actually hope you do update us on the results regardless of the initial post being, um, er, probably BS.

            I'm sure an admin could clean up the link in the original post so as to diminish the spam's effectiveness. In fact, I believe I shall click the Flag button now and voice our concerns.
            *************************************************
            -Roseanne

            "Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
            California Dreamin'

            FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
            https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

            Comment


            • #7
              I wish that my Odyssey had headlights like the S does.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                I wish that my Odyssey had headlights like the S does.
                The new Ody has LED available.


                02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mine is a model year 2000 that I picked up in 2001. It has about 197K miles on it now, and if I'm lucky, I need to squeeze another 80-100K miles out of it. Little things are breaking or failing, yet the engine is still strong. It's come in handy now and then for hauling people or goods that the S surely couldn't handle.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No joy, the search continues for an LED solution. I think Honda came up with such an absurd mounting solution because they had a glut of H1 bulbs lying around.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                      Mine is a model year 2000 that I picked up in 2001. It has about 197K miles on it now, and if I'm lucky, I need to squeeze another 80-100K miles out of it. Little things are breaking or failing, yet the engine is still strong. It's come in handy now and then for hauling people or goods that the S surely couldn't handle.
                      Slacker!!! Our 2002 had over 145k miles on it when we sold it and picked up our current 2011, which has 137k on it. You need to get out and see the world!


                      02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
                      Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        H ah ha. It

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          iPhone browser fail.

                          Oh Jason... about that troubleticket...
                          *************************************************
                          -Roseanne

                          "Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                          California Dreamin'

                          FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                          https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I purchased a HID light kit for my wife's Civic and then my back and legs went to heck, so I never did get it installed.
                            "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X