No announcement yet.

Peterson Auto Museum Auction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if we gave rosemary 2.1 million dollars she could put it to good use.
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

I'm not so sure that last part is germane to the conversation. I would spend money on a Miura so my world would be better every time I take the cover off and gaze at its loveliness.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
        I just wonder if the world would be better if we spent the money on other things.
        I don't wonder. I am certain of it. Where the difficulty comes in is in defining what other things would make the world better. Heck, just defining "better" would be the biggest challenge!
        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
        California Dreamin'

"You can't improve yourself by trying to hurt someone else. Many have tried, but it always fails."

Comment

And, as Sean has illustrated, who gets to be the recipient of "better?"

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"You can't improve yourself by trying to hurt someone else. Many have tried, but it always fails."

Comment

I really don't want to take this thread off the rails, so I will refrain from posting my opinions on what would make the world better. Can we just talk about cars? Like, the world would be a better place if there were fewer red cars. Wanna know why? Because they're SLOW and in the way.

BBBBWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post

I'm guessing the Miura is out for you.....I mean, you'll want all the Porsche's, the Ferrari.....oh, maybe you don't want the Ford GT.
              Nope. I have not been a Ferrari fan until the past few years. I thought Ferrari went about 30 years without a car I cared for. The 458 was the first Ferrari I liked for decades.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                I really don't want to take this thread off the rails, so I will refrain from posting my opinions on what would make the world better.
                I must have been snoozing. Did someone ask what your opinions were?

Bwahahahahahahaha.

Seriously though, I apparently lack imagination because I can't imagine myself with any of the cars in the auction. I don't know. I just don't need any more hassles in my world. I got plenty enough for the time being without adding some fancy-schmancy temperamental car with esoteric needs to the mix. The Miura is... pretty, but what the heck am I gonna do with it? The F40 does not appeal to me at all. I don't find it physically attractive. The P1, it would kill me in Turn 1 (which is the right turn out of my driveway). The Ford GT, I would always wish it was a GT40. Carerra GT was apparently too much for Paul Walker's buddy, so it's probably too much for me too, and I don't wanna die just yet. The 959 does nothing for me. I guess the 918 Spyder is kinda sweet. I like that one okay.
                Last edited by R.Murphy; 12-06-2018, 12:18 AM. Reason: sypder. spyder. what's the diff?
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Well, it’s sll pure dreaming on my part anyway. I just like to look at cars.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

I must have been snoozing. Did someone ask what your opinions were?

Bwahahahahahahaha.
                    No, but since you were the first to offer yours I figured it was cool. Nevermind.

sigpic

Comment

No, but since you were the first to offer yours I figured it was cool. Nevermind.
                      Did I? Damn... I must have been snoozing yet again. Pretty sure I didn't. (scrolls up page) Looks like what I said was that we would have some difficulty if we tried to spend the money on "other things that would make the world better" because not everyone would agree on the "other things" and what the definition of "better" might be. Case in point right here.

But since you went there... whipped cream. Lots and lots of whipped cream.

On top of pie.

Homemade.
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Did I? Damn... I must have been snoozing yet again. Pretty sure I didn't. (scrolls up page) Looks like what I said was that we would have some difficulty if we tried to spend the money on "other things that would make the world better" because not everyone would agree on the "other things" and what the definition of "better" might be. Case in point right here.
                        You did offer your opinion, but you may not have realized it.
                        I don't wonder. I am certain of it.
                        Totally understandable, Perhaps sleeping less would get you woke.

sigpic

Comment

Nah man. I need more whipped cream!!! At least 2.1 million dollars worth.

And pie.

I didn't say what I thought it could be spent on that might make the world better. I just said I don't wonder. I'm certain of IT. IT was not defined. IT can mean anything. IT can mean I am certain that the money is best spent exactly as it is. But you may have inferred that IT meant that the money should be spent elsewhere.

Dang, dude! I thought you were an engineer and into precision and sh!t. Well, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
                          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

How would you insure 2.1 million dollar car if you wanted to go for an afternoon spirited drive?
                            2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

I really don't want to take this thread off the rails, so I will refrain from posting my opinions on what would make the world better. Can we just talk about cars? Like, the world would be a better place if there were fewer red cars. Wanna know why? Because they're SLOW and in the way.

BBBBWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
                              I think the world would be a better place with more red cars on the road. Just think how beautiful the road would be full of red cars.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post

I think the world would be a better place with more red cars on the road. Just think how beautiful the road would be full of red cars.
                                Cars don't make the road beautiful. Roads make the car beautiful. Unless its red. Then it's just a red car to pass.

sigpic

Comment

A road is just a boring strip of aggregate until it is adorned by a red car.

Comment

Sounds like someone needs to plan a Polar Bear drive and change his perspective on what the road brings to the car. I would be willing to help. Maybe a little trip up and around Lake Livingston?

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like someone needs to plan a Polar Bear drive and change his perspective on what the road brings to the car. I would be willing to help. Maybe a little trip up and around Lake Livingston?
                                      Agreed. I will PM to start plan.

Comment

Working...
                                      X