Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stumbled upon this hot rod meet yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled upon this hot rod meet yesterday.

Walking into downtown Culver City yesterday evening, this hot rod meet just happened to be in my way. Naturally one is compelled to stop and look when such things are simply stumbled upon. Here are some pics.

Now, the funny part for me was that several years ago, I thought about this place as an option for a westside parking lot meet but decided there was insufficient parking. But that was when it was a Rally's burger place and not a drive through coffee place. Either way, it looks like car clubs are welcome and there is plenty of space so long as you get creative. I think I may talk to them and ask if we can do a regular meet there. It would be fun and darn convenient!

20190619_193422.jpg

20190619_193606.jpg

20190619_193657.jpg

20190619_193831.jpg

20190619_193618.jpg

20190619_194344.jpg
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
    ​​​​​​
    Quote of the Month:

In response to What time is... Will there be... Are we... How do we...

"RTFP!"
    -Gene Strupe

Good find! Shame they don't do burgers anymore, but I guess that free's up more space for cars.
    Love the "Big Daddy Roth" shifter on "Dirty Thirty"!
    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
      Good find! Shame they don't do burgers anymore, but I guess that free's up more space for cars.
      Love the "Big Daddy Roth" shifter on "Dirty Thirty"!
      Yeah, the feel there was definitely an interesting one. It wasn't a Rat Fvcker era vibe (yes, that was indeed the name used to refer to that style) but more of a metalhead distressed lowrider thing. These guys took great pride in the fact that their toolboxes traveled with them and the toolboxes were period distressed just like the cars. I thought it was very cool. This was a deliberate restoration style choice and there was clearly great thought put into a lot of it.

Now, ain't no way in hell I would ride in one of these things anywhere near any other LA traffic because I'm rather fond of keeping all my body parts intact. But they were very cool and I appreciate the raw power and art in them.

And about the burger place: it kind of sucked and I don't miss it. And there is an In-n-Out burger about 6 blocks away on the same street anyway.
      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
      ​​​​​​
      Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
      -Gene Strupe

Comment

Definitely a style in its own right. Not for everyone, but cool nonetheless. Kinda like people who dig '80's Jap cars. They were absolute sh!t, but the styling was interesting for the time.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

A few of them had their SCTA (Southern California Timing Association) stickers on them and I have little doubt that a couple were legit old-school El Mirage dry lake racers back in the day.
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

​​​​​​
          Quote of the Month:

"RTFP!"
          -Gene Strupe

Comment

Working...
          X