Lexus Driving Tour - woohoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexus Driving Tour - woohoo!

Last weekend I had the opportunity to go participate in the Lexus Driving Tour event and, yes, I experienced amazing. (That is their slogan.)

Lexus brought a bunch of their cars out along with some instructors and a lot of very nice hospitality set-ups to the big parking lot at Santa Anita park. They had an autocross featuring the LC 500, a really nicely done ride and drive on city streets for the luxury sedans, some tight "urban jungle" courses for the little SUV, and a safety features course for their bigger SUV.

It was all very well done, and I'm comparing it to multiple BMW and GM/Cadillac events I've been to at the same location.

The tech in the sedans was pretty impressive and I fell in love with the air conditioned seats. I had to laugh that with all the high-tech gadgetry, they opted for analog clocks! It was a nice touch, actually. But of course the biggest excitement came in the incredibly fun LC 500. That thing was just a hoot!

They only gave each participant one autocross lap in the LC 500 (insurance reasons, of course) so we had to make the best of it quickly. I did not knock down any cones nor did I move any outside of their little boxes, but I did sort of lean up against one.

They host these sorts of things every year, and they travel the country. The LA one was the last for this year, but I'm sure it will be around again next year, so watch for one in your area. I highly recommend going! https://lexusdrivingtour.com/#/home

Some of the best advice on this topic that I've ever been given was this, "Roseanne, it doesn't matter what kind of car it is; when someone invites you to hoon their car, you go hoon their car!"

Video: http://driveexperienceapp.com/video/9XJybF8nqdki

20190907_093550.jpg

20190907_092449.jpg

20190907_092458.jpg

20190907_092442.jpg

20190907_093620.jpg
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

That sounds like a fun time. Cool video, too. Now you are in their commercial! What a star!
    Last edited by AZS2KDancer; 09-14-2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

These manufacturer things usually are.
      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

I think perhaps the most fun I ever had at one of these kinds of events was at a Geo driving tour event in Irvine about 30 years ago. It was co-hosted with Car & Driver magazine and all the instructors were from the Bob Bondurant school. Geo was GM's newest venture and they were trying to get people interested in the cars. We hooned the bejeezus out of Geo Prisms for half a day and even used part of the roads left over from the old Lion Country Safari that used to exist. I can't even tell you how very much it changed my perception of the car! It was basically a Toyota Corolla and we had more fun pushing that thing way harder than anyone ever expected it to be pushed.

It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.
        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Off to this one today:
          https://ude.bmwusa.com/
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Two folks from our EOQ Drive group were in the top three finishers in our track number 3 autocross competition yesterday. Jerry Wang got 1st and Jason Hight came in third. They got hats for trophies.

I got loose big time in one of the corners and took out 2 cones so I was not anywhere near in contention. But it was gobs of fun!

Snapped the hat throw pic at just the right moment. Jerry seems happy.

20190914_180328.jpg

20190914_180331.jpg

20190914_180338.jpg
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

20190914_164632.jpg
              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

20190914_160659.jpg
                20190914_160710.jpg

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Well, there was maybe one other person looking at that SUV (They all look the same to me) besides the photographer.

Comment

Actually, the SUV thing seemed fairly popular considering the emphasis at this event has always been mostly on the performance sedans. There was a line of people wanting to go up the ramp (pretty sure those were passenger-only rides though). The people in the picture were being told the daytime event had ended and were being turned away at that point.

I think it's cool as well as innovative advertising. I am not in the market for any such thing, but it's still cool. I am not in the market for an i3 either (I don't find them to be particularly aesthetically pleasing either), but they let participants drag race them at the event last year and that was hilariously good fun.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I am finally uploading my video from the Lexus Driving Experience. I can't wait to see what they offer for the next event.

S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

You look angry!

Focused? Trying real hard to go faster than someone?

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                        X