Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some (hopefully) interesting articles about car art, the Mullin museums, and the ROUSH Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some (hopefully) interesting articles about car art, the Mullin museums, and the ROUSH Mustang

I have taken up the pen again after a 20 year break from automotive journalism and am pleasantly surprised and thankful to have been published.

I am writing (very) part time as a contributor for LA Car online magazine. Here are my first two stories with them.

2020 ROUSH MUSTANG
    "The raw power is unmistakable, but the control is the part that is most amazing. This is not the people-mowing Mustang of Saturday morning car show lore."

https://www.lacar.com/2020-roush-mustang/

and

LADY OF LAKE MAGGIORE
    Multi-media car art and the story of the famous 1925 Bugatti Type 22 Brescia Roadster recovered from Lake Maggiore, Italy.

https://www.lacar.com/lady-of-lake-maggiore/
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

You have the "gift of gab" Murphy. Well done!
    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Two excellent pieces. I especially loved the "Lady of Lake Maggiore" . Well done you.
      Bieg
      9000 RPM

Comment

Bieg, so good to hear from you, hope you're well.
        Yes...Roseanne is quite the multifaceted dynamo, we're all very proud to have her active in the club out here on the West Coast. Seems like she's not happy unless she juggling at least four or five balls in the air. It's one thing to be able to dance a high performance car around a track and entirely another to be able to intelligently document it.
        I remember well the pieces you did on the S2000 and I'm sure she considers applause from you as high praise.
        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen. High praise, indeed! Much appreciated.

I studied journalism back in the day. Writing was one of my first loves and I did that professionally for awhile. My first feature piece ended up becoming a two part series about customized cars. That ran front page of the Automotive section two consecutive Sundays in the local paper in NJ. While in college, I covered motorsports for the paper there and I kind of thought I had died and gone to heaven. That job had me going to NASCAR races, Road Atlanta, and performance driving schools while getting to write about it. Very cool. I enjoyed it, but, for many reasons, I chose a different direction. Eventually I found myself on the west coast and in IT as a profession.

So here I am, coming full circle again and writing. But this time it's exclusively about cars and car-related topics. I don't think I have the patience to sit through the planning commission meetings, the court proceedings, or the school board meetings that every news reporter has to endure and write about. Sure, it was good to learn how those things work, but I seriously prefer the car topics and promoting an awareness as well as a love for all things automotive.

And yes, John, I guess I do keep a lot of balls in the air. Life is short. I want to live it. And I want to share the excitement of the experience with others who are, or might become, as passionate about it as I am.

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Hmm. Well, looks like I'll be doing more of this. Attended a documentary screening on Friday night which I was asked to write a story about (unexpectedly, while I was there; I was just attending because the topic interested me and I have a membership; no notepad with me; had to improvise). Great documentary though. Beyond Driven. It's largely about Lella Lombardi, the first and only woman to score points in F1 racing, but it also discussed in depth the more recent history of women in racing and asked some rather interesting questions as to why so few women are in F1 still.

And I have been told I am going to be sent a vehicle to review. Well... that ought to be interesting. It's no ROUSH Mustang, but it's a bit of a news maker in that it is this manufacturer's first foray into this particular segment. Hope I can figure out how to drive it. New fangled stuff and all.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I'm guessing the new electric Mustang SUV??
              Click image for larger version

Name:	wenu1hocrikbqgdrdj9f.png
Views:	26
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	1669557

Comment

Hahahaha! No.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Would have been my guess also...
                  Hope for your sake it's the C8 but it'll probably be the Nissan Kicks (the Juke replacement).
                  (I've always felt you could have fun driving just about anything new or different, just for well...kicks!)

Comment

Haha. No. Not that exciting (c8). We will see how it works out.

I'm just thrilled they are giving me the opportunity. Driving anything new is fun.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I've always found driving anything weird or different to be the most fun. Mini cars, old cars, bikes with sidecars the weirder the better.Click image for larger version

Name:	KV Mini 1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1669571

Comment

Maybe this one?
                        Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
                        2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

Comment

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                          X