Tesla Cybertruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Cybertruck

Tesla revealed it’s the new cybertruck yesterday and I think it’s UGLY. I am thinking the designer, designed the Pontiac Aztec.

since I enjoy going off roading and will spend 3-7 days out in the back woods, this will not be a truck for me. It does have good ground clearance, but the wheels are a horrible design for obstacles. Not sure what the dual or tri motor setup is? Also when off roading, I wonder what the mileage distance is or the towing distance is? A group called TFL who does reviews on YouTube took a model X and got about 1/3 distance for towing.

it will be interesting to see who buy this, but I know it will not be me.

Last edited by Coop; 11-22-2019, 07:01 PM.
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

I can’t decide if that styling is futuristic or comical.

Comment

It is one fugly thing. And the windows break!
      David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
      '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
      '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
      '11 Ford Ranger Sport
      '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
      '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
      '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

I still can't decide if this is for real or any day now Elon is going to tweet "Surprise, it was just an april fools joke".

Comment

Patricia posted this on S2KI, thought it was perfect
          Attached Files
          Coop
          Life Member 57
          KE0BND

Comment

I couldn't find the puking emoji so those will have to do. It looks like something from a VERY bad 80's science fiction movie.
            Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
            After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

I burst out laughing when I saw it. And then when the 'unbreakable' window broke, there was laugh/crying.

Good. Lord. That designer needs to be fired. Then started on fire.
              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

The window might have been planned. If the window hadn't broken Musk would have not gotten near the press coverage that he would have gotten without a broken window. The press loves to cover screwups!
                David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

There are some very good explanations about the broken windows. Basically, they did the demonstrations in the wrong order. They should have done the windows first and then beat on the thing with a sledgehammer.

Apparently the design is truly design follows function, in that, sharp angles is the only way to make the vehicle with the extremely strong skin. All of the strength is in the outer skin, not an interior frame like conventional trucks. (Knowing this still doesn't make it attractive.)

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Bad Design! In functionality, ergonomics and looks...as a retired design engineer I can give no more damning criticism.
                    Designed by ego and not market, truck buyers will laugh and stick with the brands they favor.
                    Armor glass? The emperor's new clothes...
                    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

And yet 200,000+ pre-orders.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post
                        And yet 200,000+ pre-orders.
                        I think this is also a market thing, They are using these numbers off a person putting down $100 and zero commitment to buy. I wonder how many orders it would be if stay it was $1000 or even $500 and no refund?
                        Coop
                        Life Member 57
                        KE0BND

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post

I think this is also a market thing, They are using these numbers off a person putting down $100 and zero commitment to buy. I wonder how many orders it would be if stay it was $1000 or even $500 and no refund?
                          Yes Coop! A loophole to inspire the investors and stock holders. Create a false market.
                          Truck buyers are a tough sell, they have a list of practical features they insist on, and are faithful to favorite brands.
                          2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Here is a real good video of using a Model X (?) to tow a small camping trailer, about 2000lbs on a trip. I have a trailer about this same size that I use for camping and my long trips to Alaska and yes my MPG will drop, but I can just carry fuel or stop when needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjklex38lkQ
                            Coop
                            Life Member 57
                            KE0BND

Comment

I need to see it in person. I do not to form opinions before I see it on the road.
                              2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                              Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                              Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                                I need to see it in person. I do not to form opinions before I see it on the road.
                                It's silver and faster than anything you own. That's really all you need to know.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                                2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post

It's silver and faster than anything you own. That's really all you need to know.
                                  But with John, he will find a way to put red on it and make it a project
                                  Coop
                                  Life Member 57
                                  KE0BND

Comment

Honestly the first thought I had.... does it come in red? Second thought ..... does it come with a stick shift?
                                    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                                    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                                    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Must be an early April Fools joke!
                                      Either that, or the designers have been overcome by the odor of musk!!
                                      Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Working...
                                      X