rodent deterrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodent deterrent

I want to let you all know about a product that I used for the first time this last winter for storing the SLK. The product is EarthKind.
    Normally I use glue traps, did this time also and then Peppermint oil or and mothballs. Today I started the car and moved it, found a mouse on a glue trap and a nest. Luckily it doesn’t seem to be any problems and everything seems to work correct on the car. The car has been stored for the last 5 winters and the only change was using EarthKind and the first time a mouse and nest.
    Maybe some of you have used this product, but I thought I would put this out there.
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

I have used Fresh Cab every winter since I got my S and never had a mouse - ever. I couldn't say the Fresh Cab was the sole reason but I also like the scent in the spring when I first drive the car. It really beats moth ball stink.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FCRR-2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1671878

Comment

I am glad that it worked for you, I just don’t think it worked for me and I had 6 bags under the car.
      Last edited by Coop; 03-07-2020, 02:24 AM.
      Coop
      Life Member 57
      KE0BND
      What other people think of me, is none of my business
      It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Canberra (AKA Roy) turned me on to these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have installed them under the hood of both vehicles using heavy duty velcro and they seem to work as advertised including the battery life. When the batteries need to be replaced they emit a periodic beep about every minute or so.
        sigpic

P.S. I have driven an S in Hawaii, but it wasn't mine. Does that count?

Comment

I understand that many species of rodents survived the cataclysmic event that wiped out 99.9% of life on Earth (the same event which eventually turned the dinosaurs into crude oil)...a few naptha balls or other box of tricks will not likely deter them if they really want to live in your car!!! Having said that, I guess we are just trying to make them decide to go live in another car (preferably not our own)!!
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Working...
          X