'11 Ford Ranger Sport
    '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
    '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
    '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

• On This Day

Wednesday 4th April 2007

14 years ago

The 1,000,000th MINI (by BMW) was built in Oxford, England. It was Pepper White with an Almond Green roof displaying a graphic which consisted of one million little MINIs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210404-135852_Gallery.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1,011.9 KB
ID:	1678499
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Good cars get you from point A to point B.
      Great cars... well, those just get you into trouble.
      -Unknown

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
      -Randy Pausch

Comment

• Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
        On This Day

Wednesday 3rd April 1996

The Museum of Modern Art in New York City placed a Jaguar E-Type in its permanent exhibit. Just the third car to be honoured by the curators, the E-Type is the epitome of Jaguar's exquisite feel for body design.

What were the other two cars?
        Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
        After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

• Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post

What were the other two cars?
          https://www.automobilemag.com/news/m...um-modern-art/
          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Unknown

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
          -Randy Pausch

Comment

• Interesting, thank you.
            Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

Comment

Interesting, thank you.
              Yup. I thought the stories behind why they have picked the various cars which are in the collection were very interesting. Glad you thought so too.
              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• On This Day

Friday 6th April 2012

9 years ago

The Transition Roadable Aircraft, developed by Terrafugia, Inc., made its auto show debut at the 2012 New York International Auto Show. The Massachusetts firm priced the commercial flying car at $279,000. The Transition has retractable wings, which allows it to be taken out on the road. It requires at least 1,700 feet of runway in order to take off. In the air, it can cruise at 105 miles per hour with a maximum speed of 115 miles per hour. On the road, it can go about 35 miles per hour. There is enough room for two passengers, one of them the pilot, and the aircraft can bear up to 460 pounds of added weight. The aircraft has a 23-gallon tank and gets 20 miles per gallon in the air, and 35 miles per gallon on the road, Bloomberg reported. It is more efficient at cruising speeds, burning five gallons per hour, which gives it a maximum range of 490 miles.

Name:	56f441fd6062b.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1678539
                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• On This Day

Tuesday 7th April 1936

85 years ago

The Fiat 500, commonly known as "Topolino", was introduced. The name "Topolino" translates literally as "little mouse" in Italian, but is also the Italian name for Mickey Mouse. It was one of the smallest cars in the world at the time of its production. Three models were produced until 1955, all with only minor mechanical and cosmetic changes. It was equipped with a 569 cc four-cylinder, side-valve, water-cooled engine mounted in front of the front axle, (later an overhead valve motor) and so was a full-scale car rather than a cyclecar. The radiator was located behind the engine which made possible a lowered aerodynamic nose profile at a time when competitors had a flat, nearly vertical grille. The shape of the car's front allowed exceptional forward visibility. Rear suspension initially used quarter-elliptic rear springs, but buyers frequently squeezed four or five people into the nominally two-seater car, and in later models the chassis was extended at the rear to allow for more robust semi-elliptic springs. With horsepower of about 13 bhp, its top speed was about 53 mph (85 km/h), and it could achieve about 39.2 miles per US gallon (6.00 L/100 km; 47.1 mpg‑imp).

The target price given when the car was planned was 5,000 lire. In the event the price at launch was 9,750 lire,[4] though the decade was one of falling prices in several part of Europe and later in the 1930s the Topolino was sold for about 8,900 lire. Despite being more expensive than first envisioned, the car was competitively priced. Nearly 520,000 were sold. Three models were produced. Model A and B shared the same body, only the engine of model B had 16 hp, vs. 13 hp of Model A. Model A was produced from 1937 to 1948, while B was produced in 1948 and 1949. Model A was offered as a 2-door saloon, 2-door convertible saloon (saloon with folding roof) and a 2-door van, while Model B also introduced a 3-door estate under the name 500 B Giardinetta ("estate car"). Model C was introduced in 1949 with a restyled body and the same engine as Model B, and was offered in 2-door saloon, 2-door convertible saloon, 3-door estate and 2-door van versions. In 1952, Giardinetta was renamed Belvedere ("A turret or other raised structure offering a pleasant view of the surrounding area", referring to its sunroof). Model C was produced until 1955.

In 1955 the larger rear-wheel-drive Fiat 600 was launched by Fiat and that would become the design basis for the new Fiat 500, the Nuova 500. The 500 A is known to be hot rodded, once the car came to America. It was mostly hot rodded to a dragster, or a street rod.

Name:	topolino.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1678560
                  Fiat Topolino - 1936
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• On This Day

Monday 8th April 2002

19 years ago

Alistair Weaver performed the most 360-degree spins, ‘doughnuts’, in a production car in one minute - 22 - in a 1.8 litre Caterham Superlight at Elvington Airfield, North Yorkshire.

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1678592
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Sweet ride! Basic and tasty.
                      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• On This Day

Sunday 9th April 1905

116 years ago

The first aerial car ferry was put in operation over the ship canal from Lake Avenue, Duluth, Minnesota, to Minnesota Point, Minnesota, US. Cars were suspended in the air from a super structure that loomed 135 feet clear of Lake Superior. The aerial ferry spanned 393 feet in length while its car platform measured 34 feet by 50 feet. The ferry could accommodate six cars and two glassed-in passenger cabins with a carrying capacity of 125,000 pounds. The platform itself hung 12 feet above the water line. A round trip on the aerial car ferry from Duluth to Minnesota Point lasted 10 minutes.

Name:	55133462e4a76.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1678647
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Also...

On This Day
                          Friday 9th April 1999

22 years ago

It was announced that the film world’s most successful secret agent, Bond, James Bond, would be driving the stunning new BMW Z8 in "The World is Not Enough", the 19th in the series of Bond films.

Name:	551319bf4e44d.jpg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1678649

James Bond's BMW Z8

(The Z8 is the only car I have ever really, *really* lusted after and wished I could have afforded. It's rare for me to have that sort of feeling for a car that I simply can't afford. I mean, in those conversations that people have that start with, "If money weren't an object, what's in your dream garage..." I'm just like, "Meh, nothin'." But then there is this car. I've never driven one so for all I know they might be rubbish, but something about this car has always held my attention. I have only ever gotten to sit in the driver's seat of one. It was a memorable day for me.)
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Lust shared...It looks it's absolutely beautiful best in silver w/ black, everything is just perfect on the car...the motor, the size ratio, the sound, "Roadster Perfected"!
                            I'm sure glad I never got to sit in one, the people trying to pry me out would have been very embarrassing.
                            One of the three or four dream garage cars in my lotto dream mansion!
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

• On This Day

Thursday 10th April 1947

74 years ago

Ford Motor Company's factories and offices were closed for the day and all their automobile plants shut down their assembly lines for one minute as a tribute to Henry Ford during his funeral in Detroit, Michigan, US. Mr. Ford's last automobile ride, ironically, was in a 1942 Packard hearse.

Name:	funeral.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1678658

Name:	thf99083.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	1678659

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

• Make a good trivia question...
                                What was the last car Henry Ford rode in?

Comment

• Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                  Also...

On This Day
                                  Friday 9th April 1999

22 years ago

It was announced that the film world’s most successful secret agent, Bond, James Bond, would be driving the stunning new BMW Z8 in "The World is Not Enough", the 19th in the series of Bond films.

Name:	551319bf4e44d.jpg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1678649

James Bond's BMW Z8
                                  Absolutely LOVE the Z8. One of VERY few BMWs I like.I knew when it came out it was going to be collectable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                                    Make a good trivia question...
                                    What was the last car Henry Ford rode in?
                                    I am assuming "alive" since the other answer is in the original post.

Comment

I am assuming "alive" since the other answer is in the original post.
                                      I think Mark was just saying that the info shared in the post would make for a good trivia question, since most people won't think about a non-Ford vehicle. And others won't think about a hearse.
                                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Absolutely LOVE the Z8. One of VERY few BMWs I like.I knew when it came out it was going to be collectable.
                                        Yeah. I'm not typically a big BMW fan either. I mean, I respect the machines, but I don't lust after them. There are only a few I've ever cared for. The Z8, as mentioned. And I kind of like the most recent Z4.

The older 8 series... now those were unique, very un-BMW-like, and I had a bit of a thing for those back in the day. I could totally do without the pinstriping on this one, but it's an overall sharp example.

Name:	f0c7bb257312ed7bd804292dbbc3b1f66225d488.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	1678666
                                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Working...
                                        X