First Impressions: 2017 Honda Ridgeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Impressions: 2017 Honda Ridgeline

href="http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/first-impressions-2017-honda-ridgeline-ar174888.html">src="http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201610/first-impressions-20-37_600x0w.jpg" alt="" border="0" width="460" vspace="1">

Its easy to give href="cars/honda/index43.html" class='spip_in'>Honda grief over the href="cars/honda-ridgeline/ke261.html" class='spip_in'>Ridgeline. Its not a real truck, scoffers say. You cant tow with it or go off-road, are common gripes. Well, thanks to the 2016 Truck Rodeo put on by the Texas Auto Writers Association, I had my first in-person encounter and drive experience with the href="cars/honda/2016-honda-ridgeline-baja-race-truck-ar171676.html" class='spip_in'>Ridgeline. I can tell you the Ridgeline is very real I touched it and drove it. Its also not bad at tackling moderate off-road trails and its rated to tow up to 5,000 pounds.
    Of course, naysayers are talking the Hondas unibody construction, four-wheel independent suspension, and FWD/AWD powertrain layout when berating the Ridgeline. Sure, the Ridgeline doesnt fit the traditional mold of a body-on-frame pickup, but Id wager it offers more functionality and capability than 80 percent of modern truck buyers actually need. href="cars/ford-f-150/ke423.html" class='spip_in'>F-150s, href="cars/dodge/2013-2014-ram-1500-ar127514.html" class='spip_in'>Ram 1500s, and href="cars/chevrolet-silverado/ke1787.html" class='spip_in'>Silverados are cool and all, but they do come with trade-offs like a harsh ride, lower fuel economy, and a size that doesnt fit in many residential garages.
    For those who actually need the capabilities of a href="cars/fullsize-cars/ke4304.html" class='spip_in'>full-size href="cars/pickup-trucks/ke242.html" class='spip_in'>pickup, theres really no substitute. But for those folks who like the idea of a pickup, occasionally pull a small trailer, or might go camping once a year, those full-size capabilities are not being utilized. The Ridgeline splits the difference between the full-size (and even mid-size) pickup category and the ever-popular href="cars/crossover/ke288.html" class='spip_in'>crossover href="cars/suv/ke145.html" class='spip_in'>SUV.
    I spent some time going over the 2017 Ridgeline at the Truck Rodeo from its 3.5-liter V-6 to its lockable in-bed storage trunk. Keep reading for my first impressions.
    Continue reading for more information.

More...

Front end looks very nice indeed, much nicer than any of the other recent Honda products.
    Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

El Camino.
      Not a car, not a truck.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X