Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda claims another injury from Takata airbag failure

Filed under: Honda, Safety, United States
    Honda has confirmed that the driver of a 2003 Civic was harmed when the car's airbag inflator ruptured and sprayed shrapnel. The injuries were reportedly to the person's neck.Continue reading Honda claims another injury from Takata airbag failure
    Honda claims another injury from Takata airbag failure originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:44:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

I'm a bit worried when we drive my wife's 2008 Civic or my 2006 S.
    I realize that there have been no recalls YET but I feel like I'm sitting in front of a loaded gun.

Do my cars have the same make of inflators in them?
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Check out your own vehicle here for any recalls:
      http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues

That's the government site (NHTSA) so it should be up to date. Have your VIN ready.
      sigpic
      Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

I still can't believe they were claiming that the defects only applied to humid regions. I don't know about you but I have pretty much found high humidity in most places that I've driven over the years. I never really find places that don't have high humidity, outside of perhaps desert regions.

Comment

That is quite sad to know. The guy should have at least searched for Carfax / car reports online before purchasing. The problem with many manufacturers is that their recall campaigns are not effective enough to notify many owners.

Comment

Working...
          X