Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck are those bars under my username and how come some people have more than me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump. For those with short term memory issues...
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Generally actions follow explanations.
      Last edited by kgf3076; 09-03-2018, 03:55 PM.
      Upcoming events:

Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration is Closed! See you soon!.

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Registration will open eventually.

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019.See you at the Dragon

"The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets" Al McGuire
      2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
      2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
        Generally actions follow explanations.
        Feel free to hit the bar(s) if that helps you.
        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
        California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
        https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Feel free to hit the bar(s) if that helps you.
          I wouldn't want to spoil your fun. I could never compete with you if it came to that.
          Upcoming events:

Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration is Closed! See you soon!.

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Registration will open eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
            It sounds like a popularity contest from Junior High.
            Pretty much, except junior high is more mature. Lookie, I have 5 little red bars under my name. (Somebody is having a "Monday" because others have more little red marks than they do )
            Upcoming events:

Comment

Ken, I think you misunderstand 1) how this thing works, and 2) the point of the "like" button.

1) Once a user gets to a certain number of little red hashtags, they are maxed out. There is no ongoing tally kept like post count. So, I hate to break it to you, but those red marks which you've suddenly discovered don't really matter... or at least not in the way you seem to think they do.

2) The point of the like button is, as I previously explained, to give people a way to quickly and easily participate. So maybe a post made someone smile, in that case they might click the like button to let the writer know they appreciated what was written or they found it helpful. I'm not sure what *you* think it's for, but I don't think it means what you think it means. It's there to help you be nice to and supportive of other people.
              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
              | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                Ken, I think you misunderstand 1) how this thing works, and 2) the point of the "like" button.

1) Once a user gets to a certain number of little red hashtags, they are maxed out. There is no ongoing tally kept like post count. So, I hate to break it to you, but those red marks which you've suddenly discovered don't really matter... or at least not in the way you seem to think they do.

2) The point of the like button is, as I previously explained, to give people a way to quickly and easily participate. So maybe a post made someone smile, in that case they might click the like button to let the writer know they appreciated what was written or they found it helpful. I'm not sure what *you* think it's for, but I don't think it means what you think it means. It's there to help you be nice to and supportive of other people.
                Jason, what I said and I'm cutting and pasting directly from my original post "You get one every time someone "Likes" something you post. Look at it as a merit badge for not being flatulent supporting and helping out another member". It took 26 words to explain exactly what the purpose of those silly little red marks is. That was about 16 more words than it took me to explain to another member what purpose they served. Now explain again how I "misunderstand the point of the "like" button. .
                Upcoming events:

Comment

I liked everyone that I met at the S2KDays So Cal. Can they all get red bars, too?

Comment

Working...
                  X