Restricted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted?

I'm logged in to the site using my phone. There is one Notofication I'd like to read. When I click on it, I get a message that says I am not authorized to view that page. What is happening?

Is it part of "The Driver's Lounge" forum which is password protected?

Comment

For an admin to check this, you need to tell him what page you were trying to access. There are about 3 possible causes I can think of just off the top of my head, but without more info, no one is going to be able to answer your question. (It's even possible the thing you are trying to look at got deleted by the author, now resides in deleted items, and only admin or a mod has access to deleted items. )

Also, site issues should be posted in the Site subforum, not the Prez Corner. Sean is no doubt an awesome engineer, but he's not a web guy or the Site admin.
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
      https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

Comment

Thanks Roseanne.

Sorry Mark. I am an awesome engineer, but I am not a web guy or a site admin. I suggest sending Jason a PM with the page you were tying to access and see if he can help you.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Topic moved to site chat.

Let me know more details on the error and I can see what caused the problem.
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
          | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am trying to access the Countdown Page from my notifications page

Comment

I am getting a "not authorized to view this page" message

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                Thanks everyone. I am trying to access the Countdown Page from my notifications page
                Is it a specific page of the countdown thread?

Can you access the page from your computer or a mobile device?

What is the notification page that you are referring to?
                - Is it the "Today's Post" page?
                - "Recent Posts" page?
                - Or the actual "Notifications" page?

Can you access the page by going directly to the S2KDays '18 - SoCal forum?
                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16

Comment

I'm on my phone right now. I'll check it on the computer when I get home in about 20 minutes. I see a number next to the Notifications, and when I try clicking on the link, I get the error message.

Comment

I can get to the Countdown thread via Today's Posts or Since I last visited. Now that Notification is cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                      Is it part of "The Driver's Lounge" forum which is password protected?
                      How about we get rid of that Driver's Lounge nonsense? At least the password. Maybe make it Club members only?

griff
                      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

What is this Driver's Lounge of which you speak?

Comment

It used to be a place where we had more spirited conversation (cusswords, non-PC discussions, some risque discussions), but most of the people who used it are no longer active so it just kind of died.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Your issue is cleared. You have access to the thread that you stated to have difficulty opening.

A notice will behave this this way if a comment in a thread you are following gets deleted by a user. The notice will indicate that there is a change in the thread topic, but you do not have permission to see deleted posts. To clear the notification, you need to visit the thread by another means than the notice link.

Comment

Thanks. Websites work in mysterious ways. Thank you oh Shamman. Ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                              X