All those smilies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All those smilies...

When we moved our forum to the cloud service, the support team at vBulletin would not migrate our smilies.

Shannon volunteered a few weeks ago to submit a new service ticket to get all the smilies uploaded in one batch file.

I created a zip file of all the smilies and he submitted it to the vBulletin support team.

We now have nearly all our smilies back!

There are a few that didn’t load properly, so I will fix those in the next few days.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Thanks Jason, you da man!

Comment

It would be nice to have the chat box back sure miss that.
      2003 S2000 Grand Prix white
      2010 Honda Accord EXL
      2012 Honda CRV EXL

Join S2KCA today!
      Mile High Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by tlcs2k View Post
        It would be nice to have the chat box back sure miss that.
        VB Cloud (still) does not support third party plugins like Shoutbox and they do not offer an included true chat room solution.

The Club could purchase a separate chat service and embed links which would make it *appear* to be part of the forum app. But this will require additional support and the service costs money. One popular chat that people on VB Cloud are using is CometChat. Even their least expensive version is $49 a month, though.

I guess the question is how much do you miss it? Is it worth a minimum additional annual cost to the Club of $600 per year? Our current income does not support it. Jason just posted the numbers and, after a spike in membership adds/renewals of 96 and income of $4840 for the July 2017-June 2018 period, we are back down to a tie for our all time low of membership income of $3200 for the July 2018-June 2019 period.

I miss the chatbox feature too, but I like more the fact that we no longer have an active malware infection in the forum and don't have to worry about the constant need for security updates to keep people's email addresses, passwords, and private convos private.
        Last edited by R.Murphy; 11-12-2019, 02:06 PM. Reason: Shoutbox, not chatbox
        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
        California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
        The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
          After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
            Haha! That one was uploaded a LONG time ago though. It was fixed within the first 3 weeks after the migration, if I recall correctly.

At that time, VB Cloud told us we had to upload them one at a time and they wouldn't do a bulk import for us. And Jason did a bunch of them, but it was painfully tedious. I'm guessing the VB Cloud group got some different staff on since then who were willing to do a bulk upload after Shannon submitted the trouble ticket. That's nice of them.
            -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
            California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Thanks
              Coop
              Life Member 57
              KE0BND
              What other people think of me, is none of my business
              It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Thank you!

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Working...
                X