This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2KCA Facebook group administrative issue

Seems like a limit has been placed on a topic in the S2KCA Facebook group. This is the only topic in the S2KCA Facebook group with that limit placed on it, and it is not exactly a controversial or high traffic topic. Could the Board of Directors please advise as to why this was done?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1681340

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1681341
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

There's always been a time llimit. I'll see if it can be changed,
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Try now.
      In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
        There's always been a time llimit. I'll see if it can be changed,
        No Ken. There has NEVER been a time limit on posting to the Facebook group. I set up the Facebook group permissions. No other posts have the posting limit applied, so this was an intentional act applied to only this post by a person with admin access for the Facebook group.
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post

No Ken. There has NEVER been a time limit on posting to the Facebook group. I set up the Facebook group permissions. No other posts have the posting limit applied, so this was an intentional act applied to only this post by a person with admin access for the Facebook group.
          You might want to go back and re-rread the changes FB has been making.

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

You might want to go back and re-rread the changes FB has been making.
            This has nothing to do with changes which Facebook has been implementing. The setting which was implemented on my post was specifically set on JUST my post and was not globally set for the entire group. This has to do with a change that an admin specifically chose to set on just that one post, and which has subsequently been turned off on my post once I pointed it out in this thread. ONLY my post had the statement that said "people are limited to commenting once every 5 minutes on this post." NO other posts had this setting enabled.

This is very much like the setting which was implemented on my account in the group which required an admin to "approve" my posts, and only my posts, in May.
            -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
            -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
            -Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

This has nothing to do with changes which Facebook has been implementing. The setting which was implemented on my post was specifically set on JUST my post and was not globally set for the entire group. This has to do with a change that an admin specifically chose to set on just that one post, and which has subsequently been turned off on my post once I pointed it out in this thread. ONLY my post had the statement that said "people are limited to commenting once every 5 minutes on this post." NO other posts had this setting enabled.

This is very much like the setting which was implemented on my account in the group which required an admin to "approve" my posts, and only my posts, in May.
              Nothing, and I will repeat that, n o t h i n g was changed in May. For you to be throwing that around is ludicrous. Facebook has been changing things up, I personally have had settings change on a couple of things that I did not make. I did not think that anyone was out to get me, or that I was under attack. I would think that as a person who works with computers, and systems of this nature, you would understand such things.

The Facebook page was set up a long time ago. There have been multiple, Multiple Facebook updates over the years. God only knows what is going on with bugs and hiccups.
              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Play nice people. warning to all
                Coop
                Life Member 57
                Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Since we have two different groups just disagreeing with each other, this thread is going no place and is now closed. Take it to Facebook, since it is a Facebook problem
                  Coop
                  Life Member 57
                  Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                  It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                  Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Working...
                  X