Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome July 2020 New and Renewing Members

Welcome!!!

The "S2000 Club of America" is proud to be the only true National Car Club for S2000 owners and enthusiasts. Why are we the only such animal? Because we were founded on the premise that a car club is all about having fun with our cars, and meeting others who share our passion for these special cars. Unlike other so-called "clubs" and online communities, we're not here to make a buck off anyone! We're strictly non-profit and proud of it!

It does take resources to keep this ship afloat, however, and we do that thanks to enthusiasm, energy, and, yes, membership dues from our awesome members to support us. In gratitude, this thread is dedicated to you: the newest S2KCA members!

Now that you're here, be sure to become familiar with all the benefits of club membership and what S2KCA is all about that you may now enjoy. As a Member, you receive discounts and special offers from our Sponsors. Now that you are a member, you will be receiving a welcome package/letter, please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery.

1 Year:
    Steven C. (StevenC) - Las Vegas, NV
    Ken F. (
    kgf3076) - Alexandria, VA
    Arno A. (78S2K) - Glendale, CA
    Denise B. (damb) - Rockaway, NJ
    Tess F. (yoloagain) - Randolph, NJ
    Frank A. (fwallen) - Southlake, TX
    Alexander T. (AlexS2000) - Louisville, KY
    Jean M. (Gumby) - Livonia, MI
    John M. (Twohoos) - Redondo Beach, CA

2 Year:
    John C. (John Conrad) - Liberty Lake, WA

3 Year:
    Charles M. (Mickey2mor) - Hartford, KY

For those of you who are considering joining the S2KCA, or renewing your membership, but are having trouble finding where to do it, check here:https://www.s2kca.com/settings/subscriptions
    Last edited by Irish Rose; Today, 05:33 PM.
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

It's always nice to start the month with some new and renewing members.
    Steven C. (StevenC). I hope you are getting the chance to meet up with some of our other members out there in the Las Vegas area. If you can get to California, I know they have lots of fun activities happening there.

Ken F. (kgf3076). We really appreciate your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America both in maintaining your membership and in the leadership role in which you find yourself. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at S2KDays 2020 in September.
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

Comment

Welcome to S2KCA, Steven. I hope to meet you in Michigan for S2KDays.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Random Fact: All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job in case their pants split."

Comment

Welcome to S2KCA, Ken.
        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
          Welcome to S2KCA, Ken.
          Why thank you. And what was your name again?
          Random Fact: All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job in case their pants split."

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

Why thank you. And what was your name again?
            Most of the time at home it is Mud!
            David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
            '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
            '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
            '11 Ford Ranger Sport
            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
            '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
            '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Charles M. (Mickey2mor) our newest member. We are very happy to have you join us and I do hope you will find lots of things to do with our other faithful members there in Kentucky. We would really like to have you with us at S2KDays 2020 (our annual get together) in Northern Michigan in early September. Check out the S2KDays 2020 threads and plan to attend so we can meet in person.

Rose Mary
              Casselton, ND

Comment

Arno (78S2K). It is great to have you here and to see that you are already taking advantage of the forums in your search for the right S2000 for you. I wish you good luck in finding that special car so you can have the same enjoyment that the rest of us have with our cars. As you have already learned, the people in this club are very good, and helpful.

Rose Mary
                Casselton, ND

Comment

Glad to find this space. No car knowledge for my inherited S2K. Need to replace or repair soft top. Year 2000. Advice? Also, radio just died and says "CODE"
                  Even need help using this site. How to find qualified service in my area?
                  Last edited by yoloagain; 07-11-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

to our two new members from New Jersey, Denise B. (damb) and Ferree F. (yoloagain). How exciting to see activity from your neck of the woods.

I saw your post above, Ferree, and I am sure that some of our members will be able to help you with some of those questions. I am sure that you will get a lot of enjoyment from your "new" S2000 once you get a little time behind the wheel. Perhaps the two of you can get together and make a road trip to Michigan in early September for our annual get together (S2KDays 2020).

Personally I think the best way to get acquainted with this site is by just wandering around on it. There is a rather extensive "tech" and "How To" section of the website that you might find helpful. You can find it by clicking on the "forums" tab and then scroll down to the tech section.

Rose Mary
                    Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by yoloagain View Post
                      Glad to find this space. No car knowledge for my inherited S2K. Need to replace or repair soft top. Year 2000. Advice? Also, radio just died and says "CODE"
                      Did you disconnect the battery? There's a code that unlocks the radio. Sometimes it's on the center console door. You might also want to look in the "secret" compartment which is between the seats and at the top of the center console. It's possible that you will find all kinds of interesting things there and maybe even the radio code. If you can't find the code, you'll need to go to a Honda dealer and supply them with the VIN (and possibly the radio serial). Personally, the first thing I change is the OEM radio for something that actually doesn't hurt your ears when you listen to it.

Comment

Can't help you with regard to recommendations on repair shops, but perhaps jukngene can point you in a direction for that. He's in Delaware, but knows people in NJ who are closer to your neck of the woods.

As far as the anti-theft code for the OEM radio goes, the dealer was kind enough to put the code for mine into the front of my owner's manual. If you don't have that code, then you need to get the dealer to help you. You will need the serial number from the radio, which you can retrieve directly from the radio. Here is how:

Turn off the radio. Press and hold the #1 AND #6 preset buttons while turning the radio on. The display will show two screens with a string of numbers in alternating succession. The first string will begin with a U and the second string will begin with an L. Write down the numbers which follow those letters. This will give you your radio serial #. Example: U1234 then L5678. That means your serial number is 12345678. Give that information to your Honda dealer (who may want you to provide proof of ownership of the vehicle) and they can give you the appropriate radio code.

Best wishes to you.
                        -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                        The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Matthew 15:14

Comment

Oh... and you know, you might not even need to bother a dealer either. You can retrieve your unlock code via the Honda owner's site too. https://owners.honda.com/

Create an account, provide the requested info (VIN and the radio serial number -- the latter of which you can recover from the radio itself as listed above), and the site will give you the code to enter to unlock your radio.
                          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Matthew 15:14

Comment

I will get you the contact information for a very qualified top installer who lives in New Jersey. Where specifically are you located? I am not familiar with any qualified repair shops in New Jersey, but will do some searching. There is a VERY knowledgable person who lives on Long Island, NY, who I can put you in touch with if you like.

Sending you a PM.
                            Last edited by jukngene; 07-12-2020, 11:12 AM.
                            Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
                            2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

Comment

What a great way to close out another month. to our newest S2KCA members - Frank A. (fwallen), Alexander T. (AlexS2000), John C. (John Conrad), Jean M. (Gumby), and John M. (twohoos), from widely diverse parts of the country. I hope each of you will find other members in your area and will enjoy fun times during the various activities you can share with them.

John M. (teohoos), thank you for stepping forward and volunteering to maintain the S2000 registry. It is always fun to look through the database.

Rose Mary
                              Casselton, ND

Comment

Working...
                              X