Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome October 2020 New and Renewing Members

Welcome!!!

The "S2000 Club of America" is proud to be the only true National Car Club for S2000 owners and enthusiasts. Why are we the only such animal? Because we were founded on the premise that a car club is all about having fun with our cars, and meeting others who share our passion for these special cars. Unlike other so-called "clubs" and online communities, we're not here to make a buck off anyone! We're strictly non-profit and proud of it!

It does take resources to keep this ship afloat, however, and we do that thanks to enthusiasm, energy, and, yes, membership dues from our awesome members to support us. In gratitude, this thread is dedicated to you: the newest S2KCA members!

Now that you're here, be sure to become familiar with all the benefits of club membership and what S2KCA is all about that you may now enjoy. As a Member, you receive discounts and special offers from our Sponsors. Be sure to check the "Sponsors" page for details. Now that you are a member, you will be receiving a welcome package/letter, please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery.

1 Year:
    Rakesh P. (kwargs) - Redwood City, CA
    Melinda M. (lacochino) - Richfield, MN
    Lynda C. (TxRedHot_S2K) - Garland, TX
    Mo A. (MoS2000) - Mission, BC

2 Year:

Allison R. (NewfAL) -
    Cincinnati, OH

3 Year:
    Ivan V. (Iavelasco85) - Lafayette, CA
    Jay J. (pritch818) Albany, CA

For those of you who are considering joining the S2KCA, or renewing your membership, but are having trouble finding where to do it, check here:https://www.s2kca.com/settings/subscriptions
    Last edited by Irish Rose; Yesterday, 02:57 PM. Reason: Added Name
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

to our first October new member, Rakesh P. (kwargs). I hope you are staying safe from the fires out there and that you will have plenty of opportunities to meet some our great S2KCA members out your way.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 10-05-2020, 09:15 PM.
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

Comment

I suppose I better get on the stick here huh. Pardon the pun.
      This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

A warm S2KCA welcome to our newest members. Come on in and make yourself comfortable.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m the new owner of an ‘02 Silverstone/Red with 29k miles, currently being shipped from the other side of the country. It’s my first S2000 and I am very eager to get it out on the road and to meet fellow S2KCA members!

Comment

Allison R. (NewfAL). We appreciate having you renew your membership and I hope you are enjoying good times with the rest of the OKI gang. Perhaps I will get to meet you in person at S2KDays 2020/2021 in Michigan next May.

Rose Mary
            Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by kwargs View Post
              Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m the new owner of an ‘02 Silverstone/Red with 29k miles, currently being shipped from the other side of the country. It’s my first S2000 and I am very eager to get it out on the road and to meet fellow S2KCA members!
              Awesome, it sounds like you found your self a gem, with only 29k miles on it. I know that you will get many hours of enjoyment once you do get the car out there so you can travel the byways with other S2KCA members.

Rose Mary
              Casselton, ND

Comment

Wow, under 30K, you found a real Unicorn. Even standing still in a garage up on jack stands things wear out, dry up. Get a good mechanic, preferably one who specializes in Hondas or better yet S2000s and get it fully checked over, fully. "An ounce of prevention" You got a baby, she has plenty of happy miles in her!
                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Greetings from SoCal! Redwood City... you definitely want to get in touch with the SFBay group. Stuka can hook you up with Lou and all the folks in your area. They do some wonderful drives and gatherings. It's a tough time right now (what with the pandemic and all) so outings are necessarily limited, but once things improve again, be prepared for some really fun events with the NorCal group!

-Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                  The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

The only problem with telling people to live by the Golden Rule is that it fails to take into account the existence of Masochists.

Today I learned: The Golden Rule is a maxim which is found in almost every religion and culture in the world. For instance, in Christian sects, it is attributed to Matthew (7:12). In fact, 143 leaders of the world's major faiths endorsed the Golden Rule as part of the 1993 "Declaration Toward a Global Ethic." Essentially no religion misses it entirely, and a belief in God is not necessary to endorse it. So technically, it's not even really a religious thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                    Wow, under 30K, you found a real Unicorn. Even standing still in a garage up on jack stands things wear out, dry up. Get a good mechanic, preferably one who specializes in Hondas or better yet S2000s and get it fully checked over, fully. "An ounce of prevention" You got a baby, she has plenty of happy miles in her!
                    What Stuka said.... This is something you really need to do. Have all the fluids changed, have the valves checked/adjusted. Im willing to bet they haven't been looked at. Check your tires if there more than 7 yrs old replace them no matter what they look like.
                    If it was mine i would replace the serpentine belt too. ONLY use a Honda oil filter PCX 15400. I use Royal Purple syncromesh tranmission fluid, Mobil 1 syn 10w 30 in the engine.Mobil 1 syn 75w 90 in the rear end. If you change out the coolant make sure its
                    a type for Asian vehicles. Good luck with it.....

Comment

Welcome to the club. My daughter lives on the other side of the hill in Half Moon Bay. Maybe we will see you next time we drive out to see my her.
                      David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                      '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                      '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                      '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                      '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                      '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                      '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Redwood City... we lived there for the first few years after coming to the Bay Area. We're in Milpitas now, so pretty close.
                        I can recommend a good mechanic down here if you want to bring it down.

Scoots, give me a holler next time you're out. First drink is on me
                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                          '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                          '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                          '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                          '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                          '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                          '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Melinda M. (lacochino). I hope you realize how much we appreciate your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America. I know there's not much happening in the Upper Midwest area this season, but hang in there and one of these days we will be able to get together again with other members in the chapter for some fun times.

Rose Mary
                            Casselton, ND

Comment

Thank you very much my dear. I will welcome myself to the Northern Lights chapter, and say that I am not looking forwards to putting my car to bed for her long winters rest.
                              This Too Shall Pass

Comment

And Rose Mary, thank you for the welcome note, and please please please don't worry about getting the stuff out. The world is on fire right now, and the last thing you need is any more crap on your plate. It will be a fun surprise when it arrives.
                                This Too Shall Pass

Comment

Back, Lynda (TxRedHot_S2K). It is great to have you back with us. I hope you are staying safe from the hurricanes and are able to get together with some of our other members down there in Texas, in spite of the limitations imposed by this ugly pandemic.

Mo (MoS2000). We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America (that includes both Canada and the US ) Hopefully next year things will have settled down so we can see each other again at S2KDays 2020/2021. Take care of yourself up there.

Rose Mary
                                  Casselton, ND

Comment

Guilty of letting membership lapse for a few days....but continuing with that approach would have been like abandoning my family!
                                    Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Yes! Mom has been worried sick!!!

Comment

Ivan V. (Iavelasco85). It is always to see another northern Californian join our group. I hope you are stayeing safe from all of the fires out your way and that you are having the popportuniity to get together with other members in your area. I know that the San Francisco chapter is very active.

Rose Mary
                                        Casselton, ND

Comment

Working...
                                        X