Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome November 2020 New and Renewing Members

Welcome!!!

The "S2000 Club of America" is proud to be the only true National Car Club for S2000 owners and enthusiasts. Why are we the only such animal? Because we were founded on the premise that a car club is all about having fun with our cars, and meeting others who share our passion for these special cars. Unlike other so-called "clubs" and online communities, we're not here to make a buck off anyone! We're strictly non-profit and proud of it!

It does take resources to keep this ship afloat, however, and we do that thanks to enthusiasm, energy, and, yes, membership dues from our awesome members to support us. In gratitude, this thread is dedicated to you: the newest S2KCA members!

Now that you're here, be sure to become familiar with all the benefits of club membership and what S2KCA is all about that you may now enjoy. Look around the website for a lot of valuable information about our beloved S2000s and to learn what is happening with our S2KCA members around the country Now that you are a member, you will be receiving a welcome package/letter, please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery.

1 Year:
    Glenn N. (Old new S2K Guy) - Bethesda, MD
    Philip R. (phillipfrankrei) - Wilmington, NC
    Gabriel T. (RichardT) - Lawrenceville, GA
    Grainger M. (Grainger49) - Knoxville, TN
    Christopher S. (S2kChris2) - Arlington Heights, IL
    Robert V. (Fahrvergnugn) - New Philadelphia, OH
    Robert P. (Driveaholic) - New Castle, PA
    Fred E. (ferdmann) - Escondido, CA

For those of you who are considering joining the S2KCA, or renewing your membership, but are having trouble finding where to do it, check here:https://www.s2kca.com/settings/subscriptions
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 11-23-2020, 06:32 PM.
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

Glenn N. (Old New S2K Guy) - Bethesda, MD. It is great to have you join us and I do hope you are getting a chance to enjoy some fun drives, while finding other S2000 enthusiasts out east, before winter becomes a reality for those of us who live in the northern climates.
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

Comment

Welcome Glenn. I'm in Alexandria so I'm not that far away from you. Keep an eye out for the events that I organize. The next thing coming up is Rock the Dragon 2021 which is at the Tail of the Dragon in Deal's Gap, NC. If you've never driven the Dragon, it's 318 turns in 11 miles. Keeps your pulse rate up and gives you lots of exercise. I'd be happy if you can come join us.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Thanks for the welcome posts! I truly am an S2K newbie, having purchased my 2003 AP-1 just a couple of months ago. Sadly, it's currently a dead S2K, with a fried engine (seized intake cam). I am currently looking for either a relatively low-mileage (less than 60,000 miles) salvaged engine or a legitimate, experienced rebuilder that knows what they're doing with F20c engines. I understand these engines are not for rookies! Could someone point me in the right direction? I live in Bethesda and a local shop would be great, but I'm willing to ship the engine as well. Its currently out of the car. As for salvaged engines, JDM seems to the the go-to, but its hit or miss if they have any.

With luck, I will be driving my new baby by next spring and maybe joining fellow club members at some events.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by New Old S2K Guy View Post
          Thanks for the welcome posts! I truly am an S2K newbie, having purchased my 2003 AP-1 just a couple of months ago. Sadly, it's currently a dead S2K, with a fried engine (seized intake cam). I am currently looking for either a relatively low-mileage (less than 60,000 miles) salvaged engine or a legitimate, experienced rebuilder that knows what they're doing with F20c engines. I understand these engines are not for rookies! Could someone point me in the right direction? I live in Bethesda and a local shop would be great, but I'm willing to ship the engine as well. Its currently out of the car. As for salvaged engines, JDM seems to the the go-to, but its hit or miss if they have any.

With luck, I will be driving my new baby by next spring and maybe joining fellow club members at some events.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
          Wow! You're going to get 3 answers from me today. Call David ant Inline Pro (http://inlinepro.com). They specialize in S2000's. They do F20/F22 engine work extremely well.
          Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Phillip R. (phillipfrannkrei). We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America and I hope you are still having the opportunity to join in fun activities with other members down there in North Carolina.

Rose Mary
            Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post
              Phillip R. (phillipfrannkrei). We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America and I hope you are still having the opportunity to join in fun activities with other members down there in North Carolina.
              Nice to see new members from the East side of the country. Welcome Phillip. Check out the Rock the Dragon 2021 info and hope to see you there in the Spring.

Comment

It seems the Southeast region of our country is bustling with activity.

Gabriel T.(RichardT) to this great club. I know there are a lot of active club members down your way in Georgia, and I do hope you will have chances to enjoy their company, despite the pandemic constraints under which we are all living.

back Grainger M. (Grainger49). We missed and are happy to have you back with us.

Rose Mary
                Casselton, ND

Comment

Grainger, I'll be down your way in the Spring at the Dragon. Rt 129 isn't that far from you, come on out. Gabriel, come up through Blood Mountain, it's a great drive only topped by driving the Dragon.

Comment

Hey I just joined. Not sure why I never wandered over here, I’ve been an S2000 fan since day 1 and an owner of my 2003 since 2007, bought it with 36k on it and currently sitting at just shy of 115k. I was on S2ki regualarly for a long time but since that has died down I drifted away. I’m not a big modder, my car is basically stock but I love driving it. Anyways, thanks for having me

Comment

Originally posted by S2kChris22 View Post
                      Hey I just joined. Not sure why I never wandered over here, I’ve been an S2000 fan since day 1 and an owner of my 2003 since 2007, bought it with 36k on it and currently sitting at just shy of 115k. I was on S2ki regualarly for a long time but since that has died down I drifted away. I’m not a big modder, my car is basically stock but I love driving it. Anyways, thanks for having me
                      Welcome to the Club, Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by S2kChris22 View Post
                        Welcome. Come on in and make yourself at home.

Comment

Christopher (S2kChris). It is great to have you join us and I'm happy to see that you have already introduced yourself here and when we are all able to travel more I do hope to meet you in person at one of our club events, especially S2KDays 2020/2021 which will be held in northern Michigan next May.

Rose Mary
                          Casselton, ND

Comment

Welcome Chris, that's the natural migration. We're a club, S2KI is a source of parts, information and just about anything related to S2000's. I also started on S2KI and visit occasionally, but the folks here are most all friends and our local chapter is pretty tight. (SF Bay Area). Get togethers, drives, even do it yourself meets to change fluids or other maintenance. Don't know where you're from but try and hook up with your local chapter, nothing's better than a good drive with a slew of cars.
                            Oh! How to get started...
                            Click the red key at the top header that says Forums and scroll all the way down to Regional Forums, pick the sub forum that sounds like your area and introduce yourself. (For you that would be the Midwest Region) The guys and gals there will be quick to introduce themselves and get you going.
                            Good driving!
                            Last edited by Stuka; 11-10-2020, 04:44 PM.
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

to our newest S2000 Club of America members, Robert V. (Fahrvernugn) and Fred E. (ferdmann). It is great to have you join us from widely separated areas of the country, Ohio and California. Both of your areas have very active chapters so I do hope you are getting to know some of our other members there.

Robert P. (Drivaholic). We appreciate your continued support and perhaps we will get to see you next May at S2KDays 2020/2021 in northern Michigan.

Rose Mary
                              Casselton, ND

Comment

Working...
                              X