Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome March 2021 New and Renewing Members

Welcome!!!

The "S2000 Club of America" is proud to be the only true National Car Club for S2000 owners and enthusiasts. Why are we the only such animal? Because we were founded on the premise that a car club is all about having fun with our cars, and meeting others who share our passion for these special cars. Unlike other so-called "clubs" and online communities, we're not here to make a buck off anyone! We're strictly non-profit and proud of it!

It does take resources to keep this ship afloat, however, and we do that thanks to enthusiasm, energy, and, yes, membership dues from our awesome members to support us. In gratitude, this thread is dedicated to you: the newest S2KCA members!

Now that you're here, be sure to become familiar with all the benefits of club membership and what S2KCA is all about that you may now enjoy. Look around the website for a lot of valuable information about our beloved S2000s and to learn what is happening with our S2KCA members around the country Now that you are a member, you will be receiving a welcome package/letter, please allow 4-8 weeks for delivery.

1 Year:
    Martin D. (mdigeron) - Santa Rosa Beach, FL
    Edward B. (eddies2k) - Holland, MI
    Thomas S. (Tomdog) - Merced, CA
    Catherine D. (TACHUS) - Gross Pointe Woods, MI
    Roseanne M. (R.Murphy) - Culver City, CA
    Kendrick L. (Kenny) - Hawaiian Gardens, CA
    Anatoly V. (chilipowder) - Jacksonville, FL

2 Year:
    Craig U. (Bass Boss S2k) - Gibsonia, PA
    Scott J. (sj7589) - Roanoke, TX

For those of you who are considering joining the S2KCA, or renewing your membership, but are having trouble finding where to do it, check here:https://www.s2kca.com/settings/subscriptions
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 03-31-2021, 01:22 PM. Reason: Added Names
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

I am very pleased to greet our first new member for the month of March. Martin D. (mdigeron) from down in sunny Florida. We have some very good members in Florida but unfortunately most of them do not live in the panhandle. I encourage you to look around the site, and perhaps you will be able to find some fun events happening in Alabama or other southern states as well, that you can join.
    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

Comment

Welcome Martin. My parents lived in Milton. Welcome to S2KCA. Come on in and make yourself at home.

-ken
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Random Fact: Cows can walk up stairs but not down them.

Comment

to the S2000 Club of America, Craig U. (Bass Boss S2k) and Thomas S. (Tomdog). We are very happy to have you join our group of S2000 lovers. Craig, I see that you live relatively near the location of our S2KDays 2020/2021 in Michigan so I hope to see you there in May. There is more information about the event and a link to registration on the website. Thomas, I know that it would be a long trip for you to join us in Michigan and we would love to have you there if you can make it. In the meantime, I am hoping that things will be opening soon out there in California so you can meet other members and enjoy some good times with them.

back Edward (eddies2k). I am happy to see you back with us and I look forward to meeting you at S2KDays in May. Just be sure you register for the event and make reservations at the resort.

Rose Mary
        Casselton, ND

Comment

Catherine D. (TACHUS). It is great to have you join the S2000 Club of America, and I see that we will have the chance to meet you in person at S2KDays in May. I'm looking forward to that.

Rose Mary
          Casselton, ND

Comment

Welcome Catherine and Alan. See you in a while. First the Dragon and then in Michigan.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
            Random Fact: Cows can walk up stairs but not down them.

Comment

Roseanne (R.Murphy) Thank you for your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America over the years and for the good drives and events you organize for your chapter members. Hopefully, California will soon open more so you can enjoy more get togethers with other members.

Kendrick (Kenny), down there in Southern California. I know there are a lot of activities in your area so I hope you will be able to join some of those.

Rose Mary
              Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post
                Roseanne (R.Murphy) Thank you for your ongoing support of the S2000 Club of America over the years and for the good drives and events you organize for your chapter members. Hopefully, California will soon open more so you can enjoy more get togethers with other members.
                Thank you, Rose Mary. I have always looked forward to receiving the goodies in the Welcome Packet.

Thank you, also, for your concern. Things here in California are looking good right now, all things considered. The new infection rates here have decreased dramatically, many restaurants have been able to open with outdoor seating and some limited indoor seating, mask compliance is generally good in most areas, and the medical professionals are doing their best to distribute vaccinations. It's not perfect, of course, but things look good. Weather has been gorgeous the last few days, and walking around in downtown Culver City yesterday evening it was very encouraging to see how the city has adapted (closing streets and providing assistance to the local restaurants to create pleasant outdoor dining spaces) and how it seemed like most were respectful of other people's space. I still opted not to partake as I am not yet vaccinated, but it was an absolutely beautiful way to spend the evening... then walk home and make dinner.

I feel bad for the regions which are still struggling or are experiencing a resurgence of infections. I was watching the national news and saw the report that some regions, like Michigan, are seeing a disturbingly rapid rise in new infections. That's got to be difficult for people who live there with the spring-like weather making them antsy to be able to travel and socialize.

NY, NJ, and Michigan are looking at case counts that are close to their Thanksgiving 2020 infection rates. It's so saddening to watch, especially with holidays like Passover, Easter, and (soon) Mother's Day at this time. People really want to get together and we are so close to being out of the woods, but we are not quite there. I worry that people will stop being cautious a bit too soon and the variants will be our next big problem in another surge like after previous holidays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FT-20210330.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1678370
                -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Good cars get you from point A to point B.
                Great cars... well, those just get you into trouble.
                -Unknown

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
                -Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post

Kendrick (Kenny), down there in Southern California. I know there are a lot of activities in your area so I hope you will be able to join some of those.
                  Hey Kenny! We've got a drive coming up. Details here: https://www.s2kca.com/forum/regional...on-the-horizon

Feel free to post any questions you might have. We are newbie-friendly and do our best to make sure everyone has a good time.
                  -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                  The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Unknown

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
                  -Randy Pausch

Comment

We are at the end of another month and I am pleased to say

Anatoly V. (chilipowder) from Jacksonville, FL. I hope you will be able to connect with some of our other members down your way in the Southeastern US.

Scott J. (sj7589) We really appreciate your continued support of the S2000 Club of America and we are looking forward to times when members can all get together freely again to enjoy drives and camaraderie.

Rose Mary
                    Casselton, ND

Comment

Hey Kenny ! Just a quick reminder that the Malibu drive is happening this weekend. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Things are looking great for the weather Sunday... crisp, cool, and sunny. Absolutely perfect driving weather.

Details here: https://www.s2kca.com/forum/regional...on-the-horizon
                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Unknown

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Working...
                      X