Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chi-town folks NOT going to Laguna Seca this weekend??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi-town folks NOT going to Laguna Seca this weekend??

see http://ferrarisonoakstreet.com/

Ferraris on Oak Street 2003...

OVER $15 MILLION IN LUXURY AUTOS ON DISPLAY

Between 60 and 100 Ferraris - including rare and vintage styles - will be on display in Chicago’s Gold Coast for Ferraris on Oak Street 2003, an event that will celebrate one of the most exotic automobiles ever created on Chicago’s most exclusive street.

Ferraris on Oak Street 2003 will feature the most rare and distinguished collection of Ferraris ever assembled in Chicago. Owners of the cars will travel from across the country to compete in judged and people’s choice categories for several prizes.

Visitors to the event will have the opportunity to view these extraordinary vehicles up close and purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win the use of a Ferrari Spider convertible for six days. Raffle tickets are available on the street and at sponsor stores. A portion of the proceeds from the raffle will benefit Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Most Oak Street retailers will be open for business during the event, which is open to the public.

Organized through a partnership between the Oak Street Council and the Ferrari Club of America – Central States Region, this event will coincide with the beginning of summer in Chicago. Ferraris on Oak Street 2003 is sponsored by Continental Ferrari - Maserati, CS Magazine, Exotic Car Share, Geneva Seal, Lake Forest Sportscars, Lester Lampert, Northern Trust Corporation, The Sutton Place Hotel and xBx Channel Media.

###################

Ferraris On Oak Street 2003 is on Sunday, June 1 on Oak Street between Rush Street and Michigan Avenue. 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Admission is free. For more information please call Nicole Mattson at (312) 664-6644.

I'll be at the Greenwich Concours this weekend, otherwise I would be there.
    Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

This sounds awesome and it's the first I have heard of it! I'll be there next year, I have important business in Monterey this weekend...

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
      --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

I'm willing to bet that I'll be there...

Comment

I actually haven't heard good things about this event in the past. Lots of mediocre Ferraris with their pompous owners.

I guess maybe I'm spoiled though with the events I attend - I see Ferraris that you really want to see - not 1986 Mondials.......
          Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by meat
            I actually haven't heard good things about this event in the past. Lots of mediocre Ferraris with their pompous owners.

I guess maybe I'm spoiled though with the events I attend - I see Ferraris that you really want to see - not 1986 Mondials.......
            I'm not a big fan of the white-glove and Q-tip set either, and every "$$ marque" certainly has its share of EGOS.... unfortunately the only prerequisite to ownership is the ability to make the payments, and that has all to often little bearing on character, or ones ability to function in normal society.

Having just said that, most of the FCA/FOA folks I've met at TRACK events are really cool car guys. And some DO bring out some cool hardware -- was at Gingerman last fall and one guy had his F40 AND 333SP out on track.

Lets hope someone wheels out an Enzo , but I'm not holding my breath.... this event is happening in my back yard, and I have enough trouble with the potholes in my moderately-lowered NSX.

Comment

pretty cool event in Chi-town

I drove by twice that day -- unfortunately was tied up with home errands, and was unable to stay. Am told it was a pretty impressive field, particularly for the vintage roadcars and racecars. Several more modern cars were also there, including an Enzo, F50, F40, 288GTO, a number of 550/575, 360, F355, 328/308... even a Mondial (!)

A lot of pix at Ferrarichat
              - http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/me...07/261001.html
              - http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/me...07/246018.html

Sorry I didn't have time to park and walk around

Comment

Wow, looks like a pretty impressive lineup of F-cars...

Too bad I wasn't there to see the Modial...! :lol4:

Seriously, I would definitely have meandered down there were I not running around Laguna Seca.

I'll be there next year tho...

Comment

Nitrous in a 360

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

some (smaller) pix here

Some pix from a local rag

http://www.chicago-scene.com/2003pho...-ferrari-a.htm

http://www.chicago-scene.com/2003pho...-ferrari-b.htm

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideBilly
                      Nitrous in a 360
                      That was exactly what I thought...what a doofus.

Comment

Working...
                      X