Blown Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Tire

I was driving my 05 S2k w/11,000 miles on it today and ran over a nail that actually slashed the tire. The tire was not fixable by the honda dealer or the local tire store. I replaced the rear tire to which the technician said that I had abnormal wear on both of the tires. I had the wheels alligned only once. For right now I only replaced the bad tire because I'm about too put my winter wheels and tires on in about a month. So here comes a few questions to the experienced S2K owner.

1. Should I replace the other rear tire?
    2. How often do you have your wheels alligned?
    3. If I only put about a 1000 miles on the new tire before I put my winter
    tires on can I wait til spring to replace the other rear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want to know if I should go spend another $180 for anothor tire that really has no problems. Thanks

1) I would buy 2 new rears and keep the good one for a spare.

2) I try to align the wheels every 10k miles.

3) Put your winter tires on now and wait till Spring to buy 2 new tires.
    Thanks,
    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

What is "abnormal wear"? It's actually fairly normal/common that the insides wear a little more than the outsides. I'd still get an alignment done, but if it turns out that your in or close to spec, I would not worry too much.

Other than that, just follow what Joe said.
      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
      Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

It's your call, but at 11k miles isn't the rear tire close to the wear bars anyway? I'm on my third set in 24k miles of driving. Like you each time it's been a nail in one of them that hastenened the tire's demise, but I've always changed them out in pairs. When the tires were removed, it looked like it's got 2/3 treat left on the outside, but was only 1-2mm above the wear bar on the inside.

maybe posting pic of the other tire will help.

Comment

I was driving in my Sienna, coming back from lunch yesterday and I saw a yellow S2K. Its trunk was up. I was thinking what in the world is that guy transporting... It was his rear tire. He had the spare on his front. I was not sure if he had anything else in the trunk and I was laughing on the inside...

...and then...

...I thought to myself...

DOH!!! I have one of those cars....

Question:
          Does the rear tire fit in the trunk with the trunk closed?

Found this thread, but has anyone tried it?
          http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthre...ht=spare+trunk

Comment

OEM rear tires will fit in the trunk if you remove the tool box, place it where the spare normally sits and put the tire in vertical.

You must put the spare on the front and move the front tire to the back, when you have a rear flat.
            Centralcoastbuc

2004 Sebring Silver S2000

Comment

Originally posted by centralcoastbuc
              OEM rear tires will fit in the trunk if you remove the tool box, place it where the spare normally sits and put the tire in vertical.

You must put the spare on the front and move the front tire to the back, when you have a rear flat.
              Thanks,
              Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Thanks for that info. It must be in the manual somewhere. I knew the tool kit could be removed when I was installing the iPod adapter, I just did not understand why. Now I do.

I knew about this from the reading the manual.

Comment

Working...
                X