Winter Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Tire Question

I have a couple of quick questions for anyone with all season tire experience. I found a set of Lemans All Season HR performance tires, how would these hold up in a chicago winter? What are your opinions about getting all of the tires the same size instead of having different front and rears? The set of tires and wheels would strictly be used in the winter months and would be taken off as soon as the weather starts to change. I live in the suburbs and streets are plowed within a few hours and the tires would see some highway use so I figured all season might be the better way to go because the strictly snow tire would wear down relatively fast. If anybody could give me their thoughts opinions I'd greatly appreicate it.

Originally posted by tboucek
    I have a couple of quick questions for anyone with all season tire experience. I found a set of Lemans All Season HR performance tires, how would these hold up in a chicago winter? What are your opinions about getting all of the tires the same size instead of having different front and rears? The set of tires and wheels would strictly be used in the winter months and would be taken off as soon as the weather starts to change. I live in the suburbs and streets are plowed within a few hours and the tires would see some highway use so I figured all season might be the better way to go because the strictly snow tire would wear down relatively fast. If anybody could give me their thoughts opinions I'd greatly appreicate it.
    I don't know much about winter tires, as I'm putting mine away because of the good old Illinois salt on the roads.
    I see a lot of people talking about Bridgestone Blizzaks and I think if you did a search on that on our website you would find some help.
    Also try www.tirerack.com .
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Both my dad (Colo_s2k) and myself had very good luck with the Dunlop Wintersport M3's. Great tire for winter months in the snow. I have a set in like new condition with only 1500 miles on them for sale. PM me if your interested

Comment

^^

The Dunlop WinterSport M3 is an excellent tire. Check the ratings in each category on the Tirerack website and you will see that it is the best all-around winter tire choice.

Comment

What do you think about the all season tires being used for just this winter. They are used and I'd mostly likely replace them with strictly winter tires for next year. I can get the whole set up relatively cheap so that's why I'm asking. Thanks

Comment

I live relatively close to you (Minneapolis) and we get similar weather. All-season tires may get the job done most of the time, but there will be several days where they just won't cut it.

The thing I always tell my friends it that the right tires are worth the extra money. Dedicated snow/winter tires may prevent you from sliding into an accident. This will save you in the long run versus insureance and repair costs. Better safe than sorry.
            S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

What about storing them over the summer? Do you have to worry about dry rot?

Comment

Working...
              X