This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So long, my friend.

Winter does not officially start until the winter solstice, which occurs about December 22. But here in Fenton, despite the unusual relatively warm weather we have had the past few days, Winter has arrived.

The pool is closed until late spring. The runabout and Waverunner are "winterized" and put away until late May. The screen porch is closed. The leaves are mostly raked(God, how I hate raking) and the tractor is ready to have the snowblower installed on it.

And yesterday I took the final ride in the S for the season. Even though it was cold I made it a top-down ride. Everyone who saw me from their closed, heated cars and houses must have thought me crazy. And for a little while I was, crazy with that unique euphoria that driving the S brings.

Then I drove it home and put it in it's Winter cradle, a special spot in the back of my machine shed were the snow and salt of an Illinois winter can't touch it. I lovingly placed it's dust cover over it as I would cover my little ones with a blanket or comforter on a cold night.

I stood and gazed at it for a long time, thinking of the good times driving it but most of all the many great friends it has helped me meet. I will miss the driving but I will miss meeting the friends much, much more until Spring.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Already I miss it.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow... i actually teared up--i would hate to put her away for so long!!.... u should come out to CA never have to put her away!

Comment

He is actually talking about joe pat, and she is damn tired of the blanket!

Comment

Winter is already here in colorado! it has been freakin cold here! so long sweet summer!

Comment

Bring her back to Texas and we'll take care of her until the Spring arrives!
            Thanks,
            Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Working...
            X