This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have resigned from the Bod

I am sorry to announce that last Sunday I turned in my resignation. I am no longer the Midwest Regional Director or a Forum Moderator. (I now hear a collective sigh of relief.)

I want to thank the BoD for their kind words and encouragement. I will miss all of you, and especially those three hour phone meetings. (I am not sure my ear will ever regain its shape) I really enjoyed serving on the Board with you.

I also want to thank the members in the Midwest Region for putting up with me. I do not feel as though I accomplished much as MW RD, but I can honestly say I did give my best to represent you and all the Club members. For the good of the Club I will keep my reasons for resigning to myself.

I also want to encourage someone to step up and take a shot at being on the BoD for the Midwest region. You get to work with some really nice people to make this great Club even better.

If someone thinks they may want to be on the BoD and wants to know about being the Midwest Regional Dictator, err, excuse me, Director(sorry,Freudian slip) I would be more than happy to discuss it with him/her. The Club runs on volunteers.(And you get to have a cool S2KCA banner and the great respect of the membership.) Just PM me.

And now, since I am no longer on the BoD, I can put away all those good manners I had to learn to be on the BoD and go back to being just "plain old griffon".

(And I won't have to wear that clown outfit anymore.)
    Last edited by griffon; 12-01-2006, 06:19 AM.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

i love the plain old griff! welcome back Devil dog! i never got to serve under you as a Midwest director but i don't want to serve under you in any way! good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Comment

We will miss you, big dog!!!

Comment

Griffon, Thank you for all your efforts on behalf of S2KCA! Now perhaps you will be able to find even more time to enjoy your S.

Jerome
        Arkansas
        Black Stealth S2000

Comment

Joe, thank you for the time you dedicated to the club. Whatever time is given to the club benefits all of us, and we're grateful for your gift!
          "Be the change you want to see in the world."
          -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
          '02 S2000 NFR S/C
          '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
          Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Just want to second what has been said. Thank you for all you have done!

"Give me an open road, without a cloud in the sky, and a group of friends where the only sound you hear is the sound of tires rolling across the pavement."

2005 Sebring Silver - now famous (retired)
            2006 Laguna Blue Pearl - "blue vader" (retired)

Comment

I never liked the 3-piece suit on you anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.
                This has to be some kind of record: four months on the Bod and I accomplished exactly zero.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey Griffon, I am disappointed. In the short time that we served together I enjoyed working with you. I'm disappointed that you've left the board.

And no, I don't think you accomplished zero. It's an uphill struggle, nobody knows that better than we do in the northeast. Just the fact that you were willing to step up and take on the position says something.

Thanks for the time you served.
                  Rob
                  New Jersey's Favorite Son
                  Please consider the environment before you print this post. Thank you.
                  Charter member NJ/NY Chapter

2002 S2000 Sebring Silver/Black
                  2011 CR-Z Milano Red/Navi
                  2009 Acura TSX-Tech Package/Navi Blue
                  2006 Civic Si Alabaster Silver Metalic/Black Navi
                  2005 Civic EX Coupe Magnesium/Grey

Anything bigger than a Civic is just too big. Crush your SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by griffon
                    four months on the Bod and I accomplished exactly zero.
                    it's better than those that manage to accomplish a negative number!

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k
                      Joe, thank you for the time you dedicated to the club. Whatever time is given to the club benefits all of us, and we're grateful for your gift!
                      No need to thank me, I've already been thanked enough by the Club President. Just proves the old saying, that if you work hard and do a good job you"ll get thanked in the end.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by griffon
                        No need to thank me, I've already been thanked enough by the Club President. Just proves the old saying, that if you work hard and do a good job you"ll get thanked in the end.
                        And you did ???

Comment

Working...
                        X