Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test Drive gone bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Test Drive gone bad

    Hope this wasn't one of our member's car.

    S. Main Street crash

    A 28-year-old Novi (MI) man told police he "got on it" before causing the car crash that earned him a reckless driving ticket.

    Northville police reports indicated the man's Dec. 7 test drive of a Northville man's silver Honda S2000 went bad when the driver lost control of the car, striking a curb, a yield sign and a tree on the S. Main Street median near Johnson Street. While the driver was taken from the scene by ambulance, the heavily-damaged vehicle was towed away.
    Dave
    now - '59 white MGA
    past - '01 S2000 (nine years), four other MGAs, Spitfire, Stag, 63 Vette

  • #2
    anyone that uses the phrase "got on it" should have to mature a couple of more years before driving anything more powerful than a Metro.....

    hope the owner was well insured.
    MY02 Sebring Silver - Cremated
    MY06 Odyssey EX-L DVD/NAV and car seats
    MY02 Sebring Silver

    Comment


    • #3
      So I guess this means he bought the car. . .

      Comment


      • #4
        and may be even the farm...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by genghiskwong
          anyone that uses the phrase "got on it" should have to mature a couple of more years before driving anything more powerful than a Metro.....

          Unless he's not talking about a car

          Comment


          • #6
            Must have been those Summer Tires. I am surprised not to to hear of follow up story of a murder investigation. Something like "Northville man charged with murder after killing prospective buyer who wrecked his S2000".

            Comment


            • #7
              Who lets a kid take their S2000 for a joyride/testdrive alone? Even if they have shown me money, no one is taking my car without me IN it until it's titled in their name.
              "Be the change you want to see in the world."
              -Mahatma Gandhi

              '14 Audi S4
              '02 S2000 NFR S/C
              '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
              Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SondraS2k
                Who lets a kid take their S2000 for a joyride/testdrive alone? Even if they have shown me money, no one is taking my car without me IN it until it's titled in their name.
                Kid? He was 28. By that time I had spent 4 years in the service and 4 years in college.
                Dave
                now - '59 white MGA
                past - '01 S2000 (nine years), four other MGAs, Spitfire, Stag, 63 Vette

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dlq04
                  Kid? He was 28. By that time I had spent 4 years in the service and 4 years in college.
                  28 now is not what 28 was years ago for some. Darn shame, too. My brother is 29, going on about 16...
                  "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                  -Mahatma Gandhi

                  '14 Audi S4
                  '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                  '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                  Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CB750 View Post
                    Must have been those Summer Tires. I am surprised not to to hear of follow up story of a murder investigation. Something like "Northville man charged with murder after killing prospective buyer who wrecked his S2000".
                    HAHA!! Man....if someone ever did that to my car, I can guarantee you they would not walk away for too long.....I would make sure of that. Of course, I do not have to worry about that happening on a test drive since I never really sell any of my cars....LOL!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      im 25... and wouldnt do that.... then again, my GF says im 25 going on 65 carmudgeon..........
                      '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
                      '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
                      '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
                      )
                      '06 S2000 NA (returned)
                      '11 E92 turbo (returned
                      )
                      '14 F10



                      Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SondraS2k View Post
                        28 now is not what 28 was years ago for some. Darn shame, too. My brother is 29, going on about 16...
                        Hey now, I'm 27 (very soon to be 28) and I have had my S for over a year. Never had an accident or even a speeding ticket (ever in ANY car). It just depends on the person. Some people are just not meant to drive anything.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bish79 View Post
                          or even a speeding ticket (ever in ANY car). .
                          Well......then you're just not trying hard enough!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            By the way, I believe this WAS a member's car over on s2ki.com . He had a busted leg at the time so didn't feel he could/should ride along. Now the kid is refusing to pay for damages so it's going to court.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ever hear anything more about this? Couldn't find it on s2ki.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X