Official CGI Motorsports Driving School Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official CGI Motorsports Driving School Thread

We are getting some traction on this now! Lets get going and get this money in to me, so we can have an awesome S2000 presence!!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!! This school is on JULY 30th, NOT JUNE 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry this has take so long to get put together, but it is on! We will be having a day set aside for us basically at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI. Here are the details

Place:
    Gingerman Raceway
    61414 Phoenix Road
    South Have, MI 49090
    http://www.gingermanraceway.com/

Date:
    July 30th, 2007 (Monday)

Cost:
    $180 for the school, lunch and a give-away of some type

Hotel:
    Comfort Inn - Make sure you mention CGI Motorsports and the rate will be $65
    www.choicehotels.com (Type in South Have, MI)

Payment:

I need a $25 deposit by May 4th and be paid in full NO LATER THAN May 31st. You will also have to fill out a CGI School Application and mail it in WITH YOUR CHECK. This has to be hand signed, no fax copies allowed.

http://www.cgimotorsports.com/

Then click on School registration and download the form; print it and then sign it.

Please make ALL CHECKS Payable to:

Justin McKee
    5318 Brassie Drive
    Indianapolis, IN 46250

By the way...Since this is a Monday, what would everybody think about meeting up there on Saturday night and maybe doing a drive on Sunday during the day? Please let me know...we have all summer to plan that part.
    Last edited by smac2K; 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM.

Could a mod sticky this in the MW Region Forum please? Or in the Regions individual forums, I dont know how that works...

and thanks you!

Comment

Late night bump...Closed the other thread! Everybody respond here!

Comment

sounds like fun! wish i were closer id love to get in on this
        u ppl should be jumpin outta ur chairs!! lets go lets go!

Comment

I wish there was a racing school in Colorado.

Comment

Just a bit more information about this HPDE (high performance driver education) event by CGI.

The event is being run by CGI with special emphasis and consideration for Honda S2000 owners. Any member of S2KCA will be given preferential enrollment until two weeks before the event. Should the field be filled by S2000 owners prior to that date, all other applicants will be rejected thereby making it entirely an S2000 event. S2KCA Members will receive a preference over S2000 owners who are non-members of S2KCA.

While not all of the instructors for CGI have S2000 experience, most do. Otherwise they have either roadster or NSX experience. Since CGI has been well attended by S2000 owners over the past six years, you'll find lot's of knowledge about car set-up and handling among the owners and instructors.

Also, please note that the S2KCA fee for the day is $180 while the normal fee is $175. The S2KCA fee includes a $10 lunch buffet while the regular fee for other attendees does not include lunch. This is a repeat of what Justin has mentioned above.

While you are able to download applications at the CGI website (www.cgimotorsports.com), I have copies of the applications in both Adobe pdf and Microsoft Word format that have the S2000 Event Day clearly marked. If you wish to have an application sent to you, just send an email to me at [email protected] and I'll reply by attaching a copy of the application in each format.

I think that Justin's idea about meeting up Saturday night, maybe for dinner at Clementine's in down-town South Haven, and a leisurely event on Sunday is neat. Maybe those familiar with the area may suggest some nice drives and scenic stops along the lakeshore for that day.

BE SURE TO GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN EARLY. WE WANT TO BE SURE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO OBTAIN AS MANY INSTRUCTORS WITH S2000 EXPERIENCE AS IS REASONABLY POSSIBLE

Comment

Harry!!! Thank you...

Comment

Hey guys!!! Come on !!!! This is a great deal and will be both educational and fun!!!

Comment

Man that does look like a lot of fun. Seems like a good price too. I want to go, but I don't know if I can yet.
                  Do I need a roll bar? I mean an after market one? I read that I will need a helmet but what about the bar? Is there anything else I will need to do to my totaly stock 07 to have it ready for this? I am trying to drive it stock until I get used to it then mod it out.
                  Thanks,
                  1st..
                  Favorite Quotes:
                  "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." ~ Ben Franklin

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~ T. S. Elliot

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote..." ~ Ben Franklin

"My memory of you is better than you." ~ Lao Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by 1st07inOH View Post
                    Man that does look like a lot of fun. Seems like a good price too. I want to go, but I don't know if I can yet.
                    Do I need a roll bar? I mean an after market one? I read that I will need a helmet but what about the bar? Is there anything else I will need to do to my totaly stock 07 to have it ready for this? I am trying to drive it stock until I get used to it then mod it out.
                    Thanks,
                    1st..
                    The factory OEM roll bar is adequate for this event.

A helmet with a Snell rating of SA2000 is still permitted. I recommend full face helmets for all drivers but even passengers should wear progective eye-gear.

I respectfully suggest that you bleed-flush your brake fluid and replace the OEM with a higher rated brake fluid like Motul, ATE (blue or amber), AP, Wilwood or Castrol ($$$).

I also suggest that you replace your front brake pads with high performance pads from Hawk, Pagid, Carbotech or any of the premium pad makers.

You will be required to remove all loose items from the car's interior and trunk. I leave my floor mats, console contents, trunk contents and other loose gear in the garage at home. Most folks bring a tarp and lay that stuff out in the paddock area near where they park.

I bring an air pressure gauge, helmet intercom for discussion on the track, a jack, and some tools as well.

It is suggested that you wear long pants and shirts made of natural fiber that will provide the extra protection in the unlikely event a dangerous situation arises.

I'm sure that others will have additional advice.

Comment

Late night bump for you MidWesterners!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gotta check with the wifey and the MBA schedule. It's gonna be a relatively last minute sign up for me.

Good job organizing Justin...

B
                        "No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning. "

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "

2004 AP2 Track Rat
                        2007 TL Type S
                        2008 TSX

Comment

Bump....Got one entry all ready!!!

Comment

Hasnt been bumped for a couple days....Come on MidWest!!!! Lets Do some driving school here!!!!!

Comment

Monday morning bump! Come on folks!!! This will be cool!!!

Comment

Rainy Day Bump!

Mods...could you put this in the individual Chapters of the MW...CI; OKI: and Northern Illinois? Lookin for some help here!

Comment

OK Guys...I know ya'll want to go do some driving in the late summer!!!!!!!!

It wil be a fun weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow i cant believe more ppl arent jumping over each other for this event... this is a great deal for a weekend of priceless knowledge. Seriously, us CA folks cant get this kind of quality instruction for this price. Dont let this fizzle out and regret it later!!

Comment

Originally posted by s2keepup View Post
                                      wow i cant believe more ppl arent jumping over each other for this event... this is a great deal for a weekend of priceless knowledge. Seriously, us CA folks cant get this kind of quality instruction for this price. Dont let this fizzle out and regret it later!!
                                      I second that. It's truly a great program that CGI runs, especially because of their focus on beginner/novice folks.

Comment

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!

The Redliner is WRONG about the date for this event!!!! The date is July 30th.

Also, even though there will be "preferential" treatment for the S2KCA owners --------That doesnt mean to wait until two weeks before the event to register. Please help me make this a cool event by registering early. The instructions are on the first post.

Just to clear this up...This is an S2KCA event, as well as an S2KI event. There will just be a price break for S2KCA members. This is being put on by myself, smac2k (Justin) and hecash (Harry) with CGI doing the actual instructing. It will be held at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan.

Hope that clears things up, Please PM me with any questions.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                                        X