Mugen vs. Seibon Carbon Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugen vs. Seibon Carbon Hood

I am interested in Carbon hood and I see Mugen and Seibon as Popular selections. What is the difference between teh 2 besides style. the price difference is enormous. The Mugen is 3 k. and the Seibon is 600. Is there that big of a quality difference.

Seibon hoods are wet hand laid carbon fiber pieces where as Mugen is dry carbon fiber and 1x1 weave. It's the piece of mind knowing you have an authentic Seibon hood, otherwise I'd go with Seibon.

Comment

fitment is the thing I hear most people talk about. Mugen = great fitment.

Comment

Ive heard people complain about the fitment of the seibon...however I like the seibon look (MF style) better than the Mugen

Comment

The Mugen part is autoclaved as well.

Jonathan
          MY 00 #3510
          ]Mugen Airbox, Headers, Exhaust, Pressure Plate,LSD, Radiator cap NZ dampers, Thermo SW seat track and Thermostat. Sampco intake pipe and radiator hoses, Swift sway bars, Stillen rotors, BBS JDM Forged Wheels.w/ Potensa Re=01R's Nextgear Intake manifold gasket, SPA gauges, Alpine IDA-X001, KCE-350Bt BT adapter, Focal 165-K2P 6.25" Speakers, Phoenix Gold ZX475Ti, Recaro Profi SPG w/Sparco 6 pt harness

[/COLOR]

Comment

Having seen both in person (Mugen and Seibon MG Style), there is really a huge differance. Fitment of the Mugen was flawless. The underside is a work of art. It is actually lighter than stock. The Seibon on the otherhand is gross on it's underside. It rubbed on my MAP sensor and wore away part of the connector. I sold it.

If I was to do it again, I would only buy the real thing. J's, Mugen or whatever.

Comment

Mugen rocks....

www.kingmotorsports.com
              Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Mugen does rock...

http://www.xlevelonline.com/?request...arts_Mugen.jpg

However, there are cheaper alternatives such as J's Racing, etc. Please give me a call and I'll help you find exactly what you're looking for.
                J.T. - XLevel, LLC
                (317) 787-2833 - [email protected] - Check out our new site! XLevel.US

What young minds lack in experience, they make up for with curiosity. Because for them there is no right, no wrong, just new ways of solving problems. - Hondamentalism

Comment

how does J's racing compare to Mugen and seibon, fully finished on both sides? and how's the fit.

Comment

I thought the seibon ones were just fiberglass with CF laid on top? the J's is definitely going to be better than a Seibon

Comment

Working...
                    X