Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Track Days Invitation

Hi All:

Just a quick note to invite any road course drivers out there to join MVP Track Time for track days in 2008. You can find us at www.MVPTrackTime.com. We are open to all makes of cars and convertibles that meet the rules. The S2000 does NOT need an andditional roll bar for our track days, although we recommend it.

Our 2008 track days (so far) are as follows:

April 21 - Putnam Park (Near Indianapolis) [Tax Freedom Track Day]
    May 9 - Summit Point (West Virgiania) [Private Corporate Event]
    June 2 - Autobahn Country Club (Near Joliet, IL.)
    August 18 - Autobahn Country Club

Both Autobhan dates are once again the full 3.56 mile road course. None of this namby-pamby 1/2 track stuff. We will be announcing at least one more track day or weekend for 2008 soon.

Happy Motoring and I'll see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Feffman; 01-13-2008, 09:17 AM.

I'll see you there. If anyone wants to participate in a caravan from Chicagoland to Putnam or Blackhawk, let me know.

Putnam is in Meridian, IN. So, we'll need to leave on the night before, maybe have dinner along the way, and sleep over in one of the low-cost hotels in the I-70 corridor.

Blackhawk can be done in the morning.

You can jump off I-90 at State Street in Rockford, go West a few blocks to the Country Kitchen restaurant for breakfast and then resume straight up I-90 to the Rockton Road exit to access the track.

One bit of advice about Blackhawk...............bring spare brake pads.

Comment

Hi All:

MVP Track Time has just added a track weekend at Blackhawk Farms (www.BlackhawkFarms.com) September 13 & 14, 2008. Six, 20-minute sessions for each run group, each day and a catered lunch both days for only $310.

I hope you'll join us. Details and registration for Blackhawk Farms and all the 2008 MVP Track Time track events are available at :

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

Happy Motoring!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

Comment

Feffman, you have an e mail.

Comment

Ill be signing up for Putnam shortly - there were a few s2k's last year...

Comment

Hi All:

With less than 2 months until our first 2008 track day at Putnam Park (near Indy), we are 2/3 full. If you'd like to join us for Putnam Park or any other MVP Track Time track day in 2008, visit www.MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
            Last edited by Feffman; 03-08-2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

april is coming soon!!! sounds like fun wish i could go!
              free bump for excellent sponsor!

Comment

HOW DID I MISS THIS!!!!

I will start another thread for this!!!

Comment

Does the S2000 have to pass the broomstick test? Unless I'm really slouched or leaning forward there is no way, and I'm only 5'10.

Comment

Originally posted by amonthei View Post
                    Does the S2000 have to pass the broomstick test? Unless I'm really slouched or leaning forward there is no way, and I'm only 5'10.
                    Amonthei:

The S2000 can run with MVP Track Time without an additional roll bar becuase the owners manual states in the event of a rollover, the front windshiled acts as a roll bar. Although we allow the S2000 in stock form, I'd suggest you consider installing one for self preservation.

Mark Pfeffer

Comment

I do hope to get one installed but I've just been laid off, so as soon as I'm employed again it's goin' in. Most likely going with a Hard Dog roll bar. I'll let everyone know how they are in an '07 considering the speakers in the factory hoops.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Is this school still available to be signed up for? I may bring my daily driver since I do not quite feel right about running the S2000 yet while it is still in warranty.

Comment

I believe that there are openings. You'll need to check the website.

Actually, my view on the warranty was just the opposite. I ran mine as much as possible under the warranty so that I did not have to pay for repairs if the drive train went bad. I always figured that I could tow it to a yard and then later tow it to the dealer. How's the dealer going to prove that I did it on the track?

Comment

No openings left for Putnam. I put my name on the waiting list though.

Comment

I signed up on the 15th while I was out of the country, glad I didnt wait until I got back from vacation! Hope to see some other s2ks there.

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman
                                Hi All:

With just over six weeks until our June 2nd track day at Autobahn Country Club’s (near Chicago) full 3.56 mile road course, we are nearly 2/3 full. If you'd like to join us for either Autobahn event or any other MVP Track Time track day in 2008, visit us at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

Don't hesitate (our track events fill fast) to contact me at [email protected] or call (314) 249-3770 if you have any questions. Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
                                www.MVPTrackTime.com
                                I just printed off the application for this. Is there still room in the Autobahn day event?

Comment

Mark,

Email sent...

Comment

I've looked and can not find the information for the day...When do we start, when is the drivers meeting...I hear there is a tech inspection the day before?

Help!

Comment

Originally posted by smac2K View Post
                                      I've looked and can not find the information for the day...When do we start, when is the drivers meeting...I hear there is a tech inspection the day before?

Help!
                                      You can download the technical inspection form for the event from here MVP Track Time Tech Inspeciton Form

Everyone is encouoraged to make the early tech-inspection. We will be doing early tech inspections at the Hamptoin Inn I-80/Joliet in Joliet, IL (plesase see details below). on Sunday afternoon from around 4:00PM until it's time for dinner (say 6:00PM ish). Weather and sunlight cooperating, we will try to get some done after dinner as well, but no guarantees. The more we get done at the hotel on Sunday afternoon, the better. If you miss the early tech session we will be doing them Monday morning at the track as well from approximately 6:30AM. The sooner we get tech inpsections done, the sooner we get the driver's meeting completed, the sooner we get on the track.

Reduced-rate accommodations ($85 per night) hotel rooms reserved for the evening of June 1st under MVP Track Time" at the following hotel:

Hampton Inn
                                      1521 Riverboat Center
                                      Joliet, IL. 60436
                                      Phone: (815) 725-2424

Try to arrive at the track at or prior to 6:30 am even if you have had early tech inspection. Check in at the Entry Control Building to sign the "waiver of liability" required by the track operations group.

Proceed on to select a stall, get ready for the driver's meeting and make last minute preparations for your day.

The day's schedule looks like this:
                                      Morning
                                      6:30AM – Track Opens/Tech Inspections (Instructors Warm Up Laps)
                                      8:00AM – Drivers Meeting (Mandatory For All Drivers)
                                      8:25AM – 8:45AM – Group 3
                                      8:50AM – 9:10AMGroup 2
                                      9:15AM – 9:35AM – Group 1 [Follow The Leader]
                                      9:40AM – 10:00AM – Group 3
                                      10:05AM – 10:25AM – Group 2
                                      10:30AM – 10:50AM – Group 1
                                      10:55AM 11:15AM – Group 3
                                      11:20AM – 11:40AM – Group 2
                                      11:45AM – 12:05PM – Group 1

Luncheon
                                      12:1012:55PM Catered Lunch MVP
                                      Track Time (Open Lapping)

Afternoon
                                      1:00PM – 1:20PM – Group 3
                                      1:25PM – 1:45PM – Group 2
                                      1:50PM – 2:10PM – Group 1
                                      2:15PM 2:30PM – Corner Worker Break
                                      2:35PM – 2:55PM – Group 3
                                      3:00PM – 3:20PM – Group 2
                                      3:25PM – 3:45PM – Group 1
                                      3:50PM – 4:10PM – Group 3
                                      4:15PM – 4:35PM – Group 2
                                      4:40PM – 5:00PM – Group 1
                                      (Track Closes at 5:00PM)

Comment

I am looking forward to this. I need something to take my mind off of things.

Comment

Working...
                                        X