No announcement yet.

New to minneapolis, trusted s2k shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to minneapolis, trusted s2k shops?

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the area, and have only had my car here for less than a month. my questions is for anyone in the Minneapolis area. I know s2k's have alot of unique traits and concerns, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any local shops that really 'know' the cars... what to look for/watch out for, whats normal, etc...

I'm not overly concerned with any issues, but would like to just get the car checked out by an expert with a lift, since I typically do all my own work, and I'm relatively new to s2k's and no longer have a spacious garage to keep tools and parts in.

just a note: I'd prefer someone who is familiar with s2k drivelines, specifically the rear diff, since mine has taken some abuse from autoX days.

I have not gone to any local shops myself, but another local that posts on the S2KI board recommended the following:

"For tuning go to Shane at DB Performance in Rogers, MN. For parts, Modern Automotive Performance in Plymouth, MN is about as cheap as they'll come, they will also price-match if you can find a lower price online."

Last spring we had a local group go to Modern Automotive Performance for a dyno day. It is a small shop, but talk to them and see if you like what they have to say.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Great thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X