I'm Going Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Going Away

The time has come, after 7 great and some not so great years in Chicago...I'm moving back to Texas. This means that we need to have yet another going away party for me (as self-serving as that sounds!)...we have had several going away parties for me already, but this one will be official and final.

My timeframe is that I'll be moving in less than a month...so if you locals want to get out for beverages, it'll have to happen pretty soon. I'm open to suggestions, so if you would like to come out, post your ideas and let's get the party started. The Player's Club would be a nice way to 'sign out' ... good brews, babes, good food, babes, etc.

What say you?
    "Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
    --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Let me know when and if I don't have a conflict I'll be there.

The Player's Club sounds good.
    Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Ah, memories... Maybe I'll be part of the welcome comittee.
      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
      Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

You'll be missed, but I think that I still owe you a beer, so count me in. Early evenings are bad for me, but I'll do the best I can. Would you care to proffer a date? If you don't have a suggestion, I'd go for a Saturday, but that's usually date nite or such, so throw out anything you wish.

Comment

Greg,

Where are you moving to in Texas? Maybe there will be a welcome party after the hangover subsides from the going away party.

Jason

Comment

I'll have to check with my mother. She may not think that the Player's Club is an appropriate place for me to be or be seen.

If it's a costume party, that would be okay because then nobody could see my face. I could go as a custard pie?

Comment

Harry, it will be okay as long as there won't be any (additional) incriminating photos left behind...

Does this remind you of anything?

"Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
              Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Harry, you could go as a custard pie, but how would anyone know that is different than normal?

As for a date? I really don't care...how about Jan. 10? I 'may' be moving pretty quickly after that (pending the condo sale, etc), but I can throw that date out there.

Any takers?

Comment

I'm there on whatever night we all decide on, however Mondays and Thursdays are very bad for me.

Guys....the picture is that Ulrich posted up is not from the Player's Club, it's from Alumni club in Schaumburg.....but it was a picture from Greg's fistr going away party.

Wherever it was, it sure looks like Harry was having a lot of fun.

I'l get the word out to some more of the locals from the past and we'll hopefully have a healthy group to send Greg away in smashing fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by hecash
                    I could go as a custard pie?
                    Did I miss something?

If we go back to Alumni Club I'll buy Harry more shots.....

Comment

Let us southerners know when you're getting here so we can have a welcome home party for you!

Comment

Cool...you bet...I can't wait to be back in Texas.

BTW, I'll be moving to Austin, which is where I lived for 10 years for college/frvolity in my 20's...

I'll update everyone as we get closer...

Comment

I can see why you'd want to move...

Click me!
                          "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Yikes...while that it one helluva reason to move, here is another damn good one.

Linky

Comment

Congrats on your escape, and welcome back to TX!
                              Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                              '08 Ridgeline RTL
                              '02 Z06

Comment

Both of those links (murders and weather) just show that us Chicago-people are tough as nails!

It's like we have our own Darwin experiment going on all the time!

Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Agree. But unfortunately the laws of biology seem to have been perverted as I can tell you from personal experience/interaction that it's not always the smartest/fastest ones that have survived the selection process...
                                  "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Player's Club on a Saturday (either the 10th or 17th?) sounds good to me...

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

Ulrich, what are you the S2KCA version of the KGB?

I'll try not to be dis-custard-ing. I forgot about that gal and her giggle tubes. How did Big Al get into that photo?

Greg, have someone in Texas visit all of the post office locations to take down your "wanted posters" before you get there. It will make the transition easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Stevens
                                        Yikes...while that it one helluva reason to move, here is another damn good one.

Linky
                                        Don't get too excited Greg...The high here in Dallas yesterday was 33.
                                        Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                                        '07 VW Touareg V6
                                        '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Working...
                                        X