No announcement yet.

2008 MidWest Regional Event - Want One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 MidWest Regional Event - Want One?

We are winding up Summer '08 here in the miserably hot MidWest, so it made me think (after getting the idea from some threads) - How about me have a End of '08 Gathering?

There are plenty of Regional funds to use, I don't think ANY chapter has used it's funds; so we can probably put on something pretty cool!

I know S2KDays is coming up at the end of the month, so it would need to be in late October at the earliest. I have PM'd this link to all the CD's in the MidWest (or I will here in a minute), and with their help we can have a really cool big event!

Any ideas? Locations? Objections? This would be a nice weekend, one night stayover social gathering with a drive somewhere...

I'm READY - ARE YOU!!!!

Justin

I'm definitely ready. I was planning to go to the Boston Mt's weekend on Nov. 1 anyway. I know the Cheeseheads had a beautiful drive last October .... I'd go up there in a heartbeat ..... And we're doing the Metamora Drive on Oct. 11/12.

Just wondering ... with the breadth of your region, does two events make any sense?

Comment

Although our chapter has been quiet as of late, c-zap has a plan for an overnight drive along the north shore area of Minnesota. The roads and scenery are great in that area. Our initial plan to have the drive on the second weekend of Sept, but it was canceled due to lack of interest at the time. We want to re-book it for the second weekend of October. The more the merrier. I think it would make for a great regional event.

I also agree with Dave. The midwest region is very large in area. It may be best to two or even three regional events. It they are at different times one could attend all activities if they so desire.

Another thing to note is that us northerners often store our cars for the winter. Typically the end of October is when the cars go into hibernation. With S2K Days in the Fall, I think the best time of the year for regional events would be Spring.
      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

We could have the Brown County drive down in the "southern" parts of the MW, and the Minnesota drive in the northern parts of the MW...

Again, this is preliminary, but at least we are getting somewhere!

Comment

See my King Motorsports thread - it will be a great day there.

The Road America Fall Vintage event is that weekend as well.

So, my schedule will be - King Motorsports on Saturday. Drive to Road America on Sat night and hit the track on Sunday.
          Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

I loved the Brown County run last year and depending on the time would be up for coming down for another.
            David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
            '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
            '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
            '11 Ford Ranger Sport
            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
            '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
            '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
              I loved the Brown County run last year and depending on the time would be up for coming down for another.
              I second that! It was a blast last year.
              Also, just to toss this out there... We have Belterra and last years S2KDays drives...

Comment

I'll be with meat on the September 20 weekend but I'd be game for something in October.

King Dyno Day

Comment

Brown county in October is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Sitter View Post
                    Brown county in October is fine with me.
                    I agree!

Comment

A fall color tour sounds good . . . . when do the leaves turn in the UP?
                      Dave
                      now - '59 white MGA
                      past - '01 S2000 (nine years), four other MGAs, Spitfire, Stag, 63 Vette

Comment

Originally posted by dlq04 View Post
                        A fall color tour sounds good . . . . when do the leaves turn in the UP?
                        I think the prime time for the leaves will be around the same time as S2K Days. However, it should still be OK in early October.
                        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Just returned from a bike ralley in the Boulder Junction, St Germain area of Wi. Very scenic there, might be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by c-zap View Post
                            Just returned from a bike ralley in the Boulder Junction, St Germain area of Wi. Very scenic there, might be an option.
                            I'm there now, Minocqua.

If something is decided for this area or along the Mississippi River north of LaCrosse towards St. Paul I'd be willing to assist with planning drive route.

Comment

OK...the "lower Mid-West" drive has been planned!!! I am sure the "Upper Mid-West" drive is in the works too!!!

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=25725

Comment

Jason, that overnight north shore area of Minnesota drive has the Rachel and I interested. We haven't been on a good drive since the Black Hills, and perhaps this could be the one.

Keep us posted.

Lets keep this thread alive!

Comment

Working...
                                X