This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluegrass Motorsports Private Track Day: May 29th, 2009

The date has been set: May 29th, 2009!!!

This will be a PRIVATE track day, so by the end of the day you will be SICK of driving because you will have had so much track time. Number of cars will be LIMITED TO 50 to reduce run group size. (For comparison, avg NASA/SCCA run group is 35. This will be 13)

This was the ONLY Friday they had left for the spring because their dates are essentially sold out, so obviously I took it. This will be a great date because the chances for rain are a little less as it gets later in May.

The cost of this event is $185

The track is located here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...4&z=13&iwloc=A

Every penny you pay will go directly to paying Bluegrass for the event (and PayPal fees, those will be built into final amount. I'll eat the fees for the deposit). This will be organized under my non-profit (FEIN Letter) to increase accountability and limit liability. I have set up a special email address for this event. In your information, please include the following somewhere:

1. Your real name
    2. Your screen name
    3. A phone number you can be reached at
    4. Email address (if different from your PayPal addy)

Payments for spots (assuming there are open slots in the list below) should be sent via PayPal to: [email protected].

If you need to pay by some other means, please PM me. I do not take wampum, seashells, goats, or chickens.

NOTE: Drivers who have done <3 track days will be REQUIRED to go through a training session in the morning. In order to drive alone, you will have to be signed off by an instructor. There will be plenty of high-level drivers here to instruct, so if you have never been to a track day before, don't worry.

The list below is an image that is shared across all forums and is up-to-date.
    If your name is not on here and you have paid, LET ME KNOW.
    Last edited by LagunaBlue; 03-03-2009, 09:52 AM.

Will they have rental vehicles. If so, how much do they charge. This is tempting as I've been looking for a reason to get back to my home state.

Comment

No, there will not be rental vehicles as of now.

There is a possibility that will change prior to the actual day, but as of now the answer is no.

Comment

Thanks for checking.. I will put this on my list of tracks to drive.

Comment

SOOOOO sexy....check out all these elevation changes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64fLqrj9Ns

Comment

Awesome, I'm excited.

Now can somebody post the tech inspection? I have never been on a road course before, I've done autox before and drift events. I'm excited for this! Please help the newbies prepare for this as to what I should bring or buy before hand.

Comment

Ok, 2 presents for everyone:

1. I went on a quick tour of the track yesterday, this is a world class dealio they are putting together here.

My vid of the slow-speed lap:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AonePIw6gzU

2. Per request, here is the tech form I will likely use. This stands to be modified slightly prior to the track day if needed, but it has served me well so far. (Office 07 format)

http://www.s2kcincinnati.com/techform.docx
              Last edited by LagunaBlue; 12-02-2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I just need some new tires, I would meet the requirement! I'm excited for this.

Comment

Shannon....This is awesome....what you have put together...!!!!!!!!!
                  MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

I have a few spots open from cancellations if anyone wants in!

I'm getting excited

Comment

I'm gonna have to wait til the end of the month to send, just cause I wanna make sure I got my finance like ducks in a row.

Comment

The list is looking pretty good. 2 rx7's vs all the s2000 lol

Comment

I hope to be joining you guys. So you can add an NSX to the two RX7s.

Comment

Don't get to excited, we're talking about two 2nd gen RX-7's (FC3S). One thing is for sure, myself and CyborgRyu will have the two ugliest cars there.....lol

Hey CL65 Captain, I think I did an event with you at Mid-Ohio, your very fast, hope to keep up this time.....

Comment

Originally posted by CL65 Captain View Post
                              I hope to be joining you guys. So you can add an NSX to the two RX7s.
                              Captain, did you happen to come into Japanese restaurant called Miyoshi a few months ago? I talked with some guy that also enjoyed road courses with an NSX.

Can we request who we get to run with in our group? I want to pair up with Dan(Cornfed). I feel like I learn alot when I can follow somebody in a similar + incar instructor, probably would be the best deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgRyu View Post
                                Captain, did you happen to come into Japanese restaurant called Miyoshi a few months ago? I talked with some guy that also enjoyed road courses with an NSX.
                                Yep, I go to Miyoshis often.

Comment

Well guys, I talked to some NASA officials this weekend up at Mid-Ohio about Bluegrass Motorsports Park and I gathered some really interesting information. They seem to think that the track will not be completed by the end of May, and the number of people signing up is much lower than expected, so funding is a problem. NASA officials are actually looking for an alternate site for their June event in expectation that Bluegrass doesn't open by June.

Now remember that this is all just opinions and hunches, but all signs tent to point in the direction that money has dried up for Bluegrass.

Cross your fingers for our event to be the first out on track!

Comment

The track is sold out every Friday, Sat, and Sunday for the entire driving season. The only available remaining days are weekdays. It's posted on the front page of their website.

I think everyone is just getting nervous because it's something so new, but after talking with Brad this weekend I'm not that worried.....that being said keep in mind that the facilities necessary to support an event the size of a NASA event is way different that smaller private/club days. NASA crams a TON of people onto the track.

Also just my $.02...you could be right just as easily as I might be.

Comment

So can anyone come watch for the weekend or is it a closed event?

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed View Post
                                        Well guys, I talked to some NASA officials this weekend up at Mid-Ohio about Bluegrass Motorsports Park and I gathered some really interesting information. They seem to think that the track will not be completed by the end of May, and the number of people signing up is much lower than expected, so funding is a problem. NASA officials are actually looking for an alternate site for their June event in expectation that Bluegrass doesn't open by June.

Now remember that this is all just opinions and hunches, but all signs tent to point in the direction that money has dried up for Bluegrass.

Cross your fingers for our event to be the first out on track!
                                        FYI: This is the current information regarding Bluegrass. The first two events on 4/13 and 4/25-27 were canceled.

"Bluegrass has made some major changes to the design of the facility over the winter which has resulted in the need to re-apply for various KDOW and Corp of Engineer’s permits. One major change was the redesign of the paddock area to provide a better and more efficient access to the hot pit and road course. This also allows for preservation of the natural surroundings which will make for a much nicer facility overall. The road course is located on a very beautiful tract of land and they are making every effort to maintain the aesthetics of the area as well. As a result of this, there were some construction delays but things are now set to proceed in order to get folks on the track."

The info I received regarding the CIR PCA cancellation was... "A lengthy phone call last night (Tue) with Brad covering details and options and, and, and - he was recently notified by the permitting department that the soonest they would have his permit to him would be April 17 - one week before our event - which is not enough time to have the track surface fully prepared for our 170 vehicles. "

I am suppose to instruct for 10/10ths Motorsports on 5/2 & 5/11. Also Cincy SCCA 5/15-17.

I fly over the track a couple of times a week when heading to DFW (Comair pilot) and back and I can't see details, but there is a mud slide covering one of the turns as well as there is no curbing on the track. It also looks like the main drive up to the track hasn't yet been paved either. I have heard that part of the track has settled and needs to be redone (however, this is second hand info).

I want to be optimistic and think that we may get out on the track soon, but it doesn't look like the track will be 100% complete for quite some time to come.

Comment

Working...
                                        X