Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluegrass Motorsports Park Track Day: NEW DATE July 17th!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluegrass Motorsports Park Track Day: NEW DATE July 17th!

New thread elsewhere.
    Last edited by LagunaBlue; 08-12-2009, 11:38 AM.

Well, its been a while....any updates on Bluegrass? Think it will happen this time?

Comment

Hey race fans,

I just got word from BMP that the contractors are on site and gearing up to complete this phase of site construction. This means we should have finish paved track in the next few weeks.

It also means they will be cutting back the tire barrier work on the weekdays (to keep us out of harms way, I suspect), and only having Saturday work sessions for those who still want to come up and earn track time.

I haven't seen many CKR folks over the past month or so, and I have to say I'm a little surprised. I know I've been a bit scarce myself with work, family, and other issues. I have a feeling some folks have already earned enough track time to satisfy them for now, some are too busy autocrossing, it's summer and folks are taking vacations, and maybe some are sceptical about track completion, and whether they will be able to use their earned time anytime soon. These are all legitimate reasons, of course, I guess I just want to be sure my assumptions are correct. Like I said I've been out of touch a bit, and haven't done the best job keeping everyone updated here on the forum and on the website. I'd love to hear any comments you might have.

I know the track hasn't been completed in the time that was initially forecast. Some might see that as bad planning, but I think it's the nature of any big project like this, especially when you throw a plummeting economy smack in the middle. I know there are many who were dissapointed that scheduled events have been cancelled. I've tried to look at this project in the long term, especially how it pretains to CKR as a club. I still have 100% confidence that we will have an awesome track in our backyard in the near future, and all our efforts to help it along will pay off for all of us.
      From one of the coordinators there....right now I'd give it a 70/30 chance in our favor.

Comment

Some of you have heard me talk a little about these so I figured I'd post a link.

These are taken with a new bullet camera I just bought. The camera is fully self-contained, <4" long and ~1" around. It records to a micro SD and gets about an hour of video for each 2gb.

I don't think you can do much better for $99.

http://www.s2kcincinnati.com/bulletcamtest.wmv

Comment

Is it just my browser or is that sound quality really "crackly" and not clear?

I've been looking for a new track day camera and want a good mix of audio clarity, size, and SD recordable.
          "No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning. "

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "

2004 AP2 Track Rat
          2007 TL Type S
          2008 TSX

Comment

There is no such thing as good quality audio on a track camera unless it has a separate mic input that you can run a mic down into the floor or somewhere else that wind does not affect the sound.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought...my current video camera has an external mic that I run down behind the stereo to avoid wind buffeting. But it uses small tapes. Was hoping to find something smaller/better.

Thanks for the feedback!

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "

2004 AP2 Track Rat
              2007 TL Type S
              2008 TSX

Comment

Anything will work well, just don't buy a camcorder with a hard disk.

Comment

Originally posted by LBP_S2K View Post
                  Anything will work well, just don't buy a camcorder with a hard disk.
                  Agree 100%. Tapes are far better than the HDD because the HDD's can't take the vibration. I use a $130 point-n-shoot camera that takes excellent video- 848x480.

Comment

Bump...Any input if this is gonna happen? According to Bluegrass Motorsports website calendar, all events until August 8th are off the calendar?

http://www.drivebluegrass.com/news/calendar.html

2004 AP2 Track Rat
                    2007 TL Type S
                    2008 TSX

Comment

Date is being moved again, this time MOST LIKELY to August 21st.

I will finalize with Brad in the next 2 days. I was trying to wait until I actually had a date, but you guys just wont let it happen

Comment

Thanks, sorry to be a pain about it...just getting anxious to get on the track.

2004 AP2 Track Rat
                        2007 TL Type S
                        2008 TSX

Comment

No, you aren't a pain at all. I just meant that you guys are all on top of what is going on.

FYI...this track day just cost me $400+ dollars more because I now have to keep my car an extra month just to drive in my own damn track day. Freaking 'tards!!

Comment

I certainly hope it's because you are trading up to an Exige S

2004 AP2 Track Rat
                            2007 TL Type S
                            2008 TSX

Comment

I'm thinkin NSX !!!!!
                              Great way to "break it in".... or even better: TEST DRIVE!

Comment

Hahaha, I should go to a local dealer and ask for a test drive...then just head to the track with it.

That salesperson would be telling that story for YEARS!

I may work something out with Honda to try and keep my car, but even if I do it will be 100% stock which won't be near as fun for me since I'm used to my old setup. As for the future, I think I've just about decided to do a track-car build of an older S2K. I have a tough time leaving the S2K since I know it so well.

Comment

Bump....Any news if it's gonna be August 21st?

I've got to make a business trip to Mexico for a week in August and want to ensure it doesn't get scheduled the same week as this track day.

Thanks!

2004 AP2 Track Rat
                                  2007 TL Type S
                                  2008 TSX

Comment

I likely have a new date that's gonna be set in the next few hours. It's not because we are getting moved again but because we are being offered a GREAT date in exchange for the trouble we've been through.

I will post up as soon as it's official.

Here's a hint...Saturday date on a 3-day weekend.

Comment

December 26th?!?

2004 AP2 Track Rat
                                      2007 TL Type S
                                      2008 TSX

Comment

New AWESOME date is here

NEW DATE IS OFFICIAL....Saturday, Sept 5th

FYI to everyone: I (read "I"), changed this date because this is a GREAT date. Brad offered it to me along with a few other things to make up for all the delays.

It's a 3 day weekend (Labor Day) and it's gonna be awesome...assuming it actually happens

Comment

Working...
                                        X