Quad state meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad state meet

Im trying to spread the word to all the s2000 owners in this region. this would be a joint meet with s2ki, and s2000.com.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/...sing/album.html

ADMISSION FEE WI state parks charge $7 daily for residents and $10 for non-residents.

WHEN: September 4th and 5th Sat/Sun. Starts at 12:00 noon on the 4th. goes until 5:00 PM on the 5th.

WHO: I would like this meet to focus on Minnesota and Iowa S2000 owners since they are kinda far from the rest of us, but still UMW. SO I hope to see a good turn out of owners from both of those two states. I hope to see a good turn out from other UMW states as well.

BRING WHAT: chairs, food, grills, beverages (alcohol IS allowed in the park)

I am working to get an open shelter pavilion reserved for us.

Wyalusing State Park in Wisconsin, to me would be an Ideal location. It's going to be a haul for everyone (about 3-4 hours one way) from Minneapolis/St Paul, Milwaukee, Chicago, Des Moines, and Appleton....Madison would get a break. But the equidistant travel is key.

The scenery is great as the park sits right at the top of a bluff looking over the convergence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi rivers. It's just south of Prairie Du Chine. That is about 30 miles south of the Minnesota border, just east of the Iowa border, about 30 miles north of the Illinois border. There is camping at the park and hotels in PDC for those who may wish to spend the night. And due to the distance that people may be traveling, this a two day event.

Info on lodging in the city can be found here:
    http://www.prairieduchien.org/visitors/lodging.htm

Please list what state you are representing and what you plan on bringing.

Hope to see a great turn out!

heres the list so far:

THE LIST:
    Mountain-man, Wisconsin - brats, possibly custard
    Jss2k, Iowa - burgers/brats/other stuff and bocci balls
    dsms2k +1, Iowa - seasoned chicken
    ruexp67 (tentative, but VERY likely), Inebrieated IL - Charcoal, plates, flatware, lighter fluid, beer
    K1ngfunK (tentative), Inebriated IL - beer
    s2k124 (maybe) IL - pop and water

I will continue to update the info.

Thanks everybody!

THE LIST:
    Mountain-man, Wisconsin--attending day: both - brats, possibly custard
    dsms2k +1, Iowa - seasoned chicken
    ruexp67 (tentative, but VERY likely), Inebrieated IL - Charcoal, plates, flatware, lighter fluid, beer

Comment

Interesting! I am a maybe right now. We will see how my job hunt goes before I give a firm commitment.
      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
        Interesting! I am a maybe right now. We will see how my job hunt goes before I give a firm commitment.
        should be a fun time.

hope u can make it

Comment

Montainman is the one organizing the park and camping.

Heres a recent update:

We can get group stickers for two days in a row.

If we go this route, we will have to purchase the stickers at least 1 week in advance, and we would need a minimum of 20 people per day. Then people attending would need to pay mountian man back either the $5 or $10 for their sticker(s) and additional $2-$3 to cover the cost of the shelter.

At $5 a piece, that's $200, not including the cost of the shelter, which would wind up being another $100 give-or-take a few, depending on what shelter we get.

Again, we need a MINIMUM of 20 cars per day for group rates to take effect.

Comment

ive also got some interest now from honda-tech and my local forum jdmcity.com

this meet is going to be fun!

Comment

You guys sould start up your own chapter up there..... only need 5 members to get it going!

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=6062

Comment

Originally posted by pezjunki View Post
                You guys sould start up your own chapter up there..... only need 5 members to get it going!

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=6062

good idea i will

thanks

Comment

update

THE LIST:
                  Mountain-man, Wisconsin--attending day: both - brats, possibly custard
                  dsms2k +1, Iowa attending day: both - seasoned chicken
                  scrapdog +1 ---- doritos , chips , pop

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome from the picture!

Comment

Originally posted by pezjunki View Post
                      Wow, that looks awesome from the picture!
                      yea check out the link. the park looks really nice.

so far the plan is take some group and individual pics.

go on a group ride.

camping, hiking, site seeing and drinking

Comment

getting closer to the time.

any midwest S's planning on coming?

Comment

finally getting closer so for those who havent messaged me or posted. please let me know if your going to make it.

should be a fun time

Comment

I won't be able to make it, but it does look awesome!

Comment

This meet has been canceled

It will be rescheduled at a time sometime in Spring/Early Summer 2011

Major aspects of the meet will likely be reworked, however it will still remain a 2 day meet. Location may be revised, but will still remain in the vicinity of the Mississippi river.

Thank you to those who signed up

I apologize for the change in schedule.

Comment

Yes, quite unfortunate. The location may change even greater than I originally anticipated, however it will be for the better, provided I can get what I'm looking for.

The original plan was not well thought out with the exception to the location.

Comment

Keep working on the plans! This looks like a fun event. Hopefully I will be employed by the new announced date.
                                  S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Working...
                                  X