• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pezjunki
    Life Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Looter View Post
    Mike...as is ( pezjunki ) Mike...
    ..and yes, you certainly are more than just an honorary member of "OKI'....
    I am sure Ken means LovestoDrive Mike...

Comment

• pezjunki
      Life Member
      • May 2006

So how many people would want to stay at the lodge again this year?

Comment

• Looter
        O.K.I./ Chapter Leader, Life Member
        • Jul 2005

Me....!!!! Friday night, & Saturday night !!!
        Originally posted by pezjunki View Post
        So how many people would want to stay at the lodge again this year?
        MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

• pezjunki
          Life Member
          • May 2006

ok, just got off the phone with them, The only dates they have open is Sept 23-24, they have 10 "rustic cabins" available.. Or you can just stay at the normal place..

Comment

• doddg
            S2KCA Life Member
            • Apr 2010

1. My school schedule is different this year with "year-round" school (a misnomer), but it appears there is time off in Oct., but some teachers will be doing remedial teaching during that time.
            2. If I'm not involved with that and have the time off, the wife mentioned going to Branson, MO for the anniversary vacation that we can never did b/c of school starting earlier and earlier, plus it being so blazing hot in August.
            3. So, I don't know whether I'll be in town that week, but we'll probably leave the following week, not during the weekend.
            4. Since I am so close (Indy), I might wait till Saturday to drive down early, and come home later that night; I know at the parks, you can't get just a Saturday night lodging, so it looks like I'm going to have to go to either extreme of both nights, or no nights.
            5. When push comes to shove in decision time, I'll jump one way or the other.
            6. I'd already mentioned to Kgf3076 that he could spend the night at my house Friday evening if it would help him out (don't know where he is traveling from). Sounds like he knows a few people so maybe he'll just opt to stay at the lodge Fri. and Sat. so he can mix more. If he does, I would be more likely to just spend the $ and come down Friday instead of saving a few bucks and driving back and forth. If he's a cheap=arse like myself, maybe he'll want to drive down from Indy, and drive back also, especially after spending all his $ on the Bourbon Run, ha!

Comment

• pezjunki
              Life Member
              • May 2006

Yeah, I'm not sure about those "rustic cabins" though... no TV no phone, NO INTERNET! We will probably just end up staying in Columbus, just to be easier. I will call around for dates. I am still trying to shoot for Oct 15 or 22.

I do kind of need a head count of who is planning on spending the night: either Friday/Saturday or Friday or just Saturday....

Comment

• Looter
                • Jul 2005

You got PM...Mike...regards to the Sleep Inn, in Columbus...Located in front of Menard's....
                on Rt-46.....We have stayed here often.....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

• doddg
                  S2KCA Life Member
                  • Apr 2010

Yeah, I'm not sure about those "rustic cabins" though... no TV no phone, NO INTERNET! We will probably just end up staying in Columbus, just to be easier. I will call around for dates. I am still trying to shoot for Oct 15 or 22.

I do kind of need a head count of who is planning on spending the night: either Friday/Saturday or Friday or just Saturday....
                  1. Columbus is 45 minutes from where I live in Indy, which means Brown County is another 30 from there, a good option. Of course, it jjust makes it easier for me to justify being a cheap-arse, and drive down from my house, ha!
                  2. I'm going to really look forward to breaking the school routine of grading papers for 4 hours on Saturday, of course adding that to my 3 hours of lesson plans of Sunday will make it a long weekend: fun on the front end, bad attitude on the latter.

Comment

• kgf3076
                    Fine Food & Elegant Wines Devotee.
                    • Oct 2006

I am sure Ken means LovestoDrive Mike...
                    "Ole Plaster Caster"? You betcha, that Mike, Mike, not you Mike, Mike.

Comment

• kgf3076
                      Fine Food & Elegant Wines Devotee.
                      • Oct 2006

Believe me, If I can make it, I'll be staying Friday and Saturday (Gary can just drive down from Indy). I was in Columbus once (it was closed for the day) but have no problem staying there. Gary, make sure you come down as well.

Comment

• Lil Tippy
                        Forum Guest
                        • Nov 2010

Count me in for Friday and Sat nights. I had checked the parks when you posted the first dates and knew that would be a "no go". Columbus might be good, but something Bloomington way, I have a grandson at I.U. would be a better choice for me.

I will go with the majority, I would just like to see this event "happen"

Thanks for working on this.

Comment

• pezjunki
                          Life Member
                          • May 2006

We are in!! The dates are October 21-22. I have a block of rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn with our own dedicated parking spots!! Call 812-372-1541 use the reservation code "S2K" ($89/night).

Link to Hotel

I only have 5 rooms for now, we can up the number later if need be.
                          Last edited by pezjunki; 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Scooterboy
                            Just scootin' along
                            • Mar 2006

Room booked!

Thanks Mike!!!!!!!
                            David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                            '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                            '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                            '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                            '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                            '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

• doddg
                              S2KCA Life Member
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
                              Believe me, If I can make it, I'll be staying Friday and Saturday (Gary can just drive down from Indy). I was in Columbus once (it was closed for the day) but have no problem staying there. Gary, make sure you come down as well.
                              1. I was in Columbus last summer for our 37th anniversay; there are great architectural buildings there for such a small place; we stayed in a B&B, and did the tour. There is a cool old-fashioned ice cream parlor dwntwn.
                              2. Two items working against this date for me: a men's retreat at church around this time every year, and being in Branson, MO during that particular weekend if its not.
                              3. The story of my life: I lead a nice boring life with nothing but work, and then 3 things come up on the same weekend!!!
                              4. Ken, you see why I was so excited to go to the Tomcatt Run: I had a light work schedule, and I did 4 other things during that trip besides the Marietta outing!
                              5. I would have stayed Saturday evening probably unless Ken tells everyone I don't play well with others since I don't like most people, and noone will talk to me, ha!
                              6. Well, if the Men's Retreat is on a different weekend, or if its not, and we get back from Branson on Friday, or wait until the following Monday to go, I'll travel down Saturday at least. If I spend all my money in Branson, I'll have to drive back Saturday also since I'm only 45 minutes away and I'm so poor, ha!
                              7. I was really looking forward to this as an escape from work pressures. Too bad I'm not man enough for some of that Bourbon Ken talks about, I could escape that way!

Comment

• Lovetodrive2000
                                Club Member
                                • Dec 2006

Kathy & I are in.....

Just booked a room....

Why don't they offer king size beds for this rate?

Seems like the group rates always get two queens.
                                '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 176k+ miles
                                '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 246k+ miles

Comment

• Looter
                                  • Jul 2005

We are in....

Room booked, Friday & Saturday !!!!

...see ya all there

Comment

• Red Fun for 2
                                    Forum Guest
                                    • Aug 2009

Now that I have met some of you at GGTG II, I was looking forward to doing more drives, however we are booked on a cruise, (The water kind, not the driving kind), starting on the 21st. Looks like fun, and I would be willing to make the drive out, but darn, am already booked. I will certainly look for this next year.

Comment

• Scooterboy
                                      Just scootin' along
                                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Lovetodrive2000 View Post
                                      Kathy & I are in.....

Just booked a room....

Why don't they offer king size beds for this rate?

Seems like the group rates always get two queens.
                                      What took so long??
                                      David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                      '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

• Scooterboy
                                        Just scootin' along
                                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                                        We are in....

Room booked, Friday & Saturday !!!!

...see ya all there
                                        'bout time!
                                        David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

• Looter
                                          • Jul 2005

I know....I was a little late...but we are there !!!
                                          Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
                                          'bout time!

Comment

Working...
                                          X