Bolt Change Update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Change Update...

....I am now using this board for all regional meets. I encourage others to do so as well.

As it stands, Harry will schedule the mechanic at/near the end of the month to do the bolt upgrade for the following:

Me,
    Ulrich,
    Phil,
    Laird.

I plan to take very detailed pictures and have as detailed of a write-up as possible.

Stay tuned....

Actually, I checked with my service department of choice (it is NOT Valley Honda!) and the differential between what they charge me and what it would cost to do it myself is only $150 (and that's including an oil/filter change). Since I have no confidence into my abilities as an auto mechanic, I think I'd rather let them do it...

So sorry, but I am afraid I am out. But if you still do it as a group (or if you end up doing it on your own), I'd be interested to join you guys and watch.
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

That's good Ulrich. When do you plan to have it done? BTW, what is your service department of choice?

Comment

I've been very happy so far with the service I received at Honda of Lisle, and speaking to one of the managers in the service department, it seems that they have about eight or nine S2000s that regularly come in for service work, so their mechanics shouldn't be complete newbies.

I made an appointment for this Saturday. 8:00am, should be done by noon. I'll be waiting and making sure they don't got for a joyride after they getdone.
        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Depending on what the wife has planned for my day, I may swing out by Honda of Lisle to "check" up on them....hopefully they allow someone like me into their garage.

BTW, I'm very critical....many Honda dealership service centers have all but banned me.

Comment

I'll be the one surfing the web in their customer waiting area. Make sure to bring some coffee when you stop by.

Mental note: Bring camera. I suspect they won't let me into the work area, but asking won't hurt...
            "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Well, it's done. Out with the old, in with the new (bolts). Can't say the car drives any different than before, but I am sure I gained at least 10 hp.

They charged me 3 hours of labor and $15 in parts (plus another $6.50 for an oil filter; figured this is a good time to get an oil/filter change done as well. They did not put any oil on the invoice, though). Clean work; the service manager I talked to (different from the one I talked to last week) even knew the background why I wanted to get this done (one of his friends has an S2000 as well), the mechanic took a quick look at his manual to make sure that he had all the parts and then got going. Clean operation.

I took a couple of pictures after they took out the oil pan, but you can't really see much so it's not worth posting them.

Well, I am ready for my cross-country trip this summer.
              "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

There are still four members (including Luder) that want to get this done. I have talked to the Honda Technician and he can be available on 9 February at the earliest. I know why he's tied up until then and it's really important family stuff.

If any of those participating object to 9 February, let me know and we'll try to find a common date.

If it's not a good date, reply with a short list of dates following that where you are available and I'll ask the others to also do this. Then we can match an agreeable date.

Comment

I'm good for Feb. 9th. In fact, if even only two members can do this on this dat, I'm sure we can find more work to do. I know it's time for a coolant flush, tranny oil change, diff oil change, fan switch install, thermostat install, oil filter change, maybe even Hondata intake manifold gasket install for me.

It's just another reason for us to get together....beer, brats, burgers, and more beef.

Even if only two cars get worked on, this may still be a great networking opportunity for our mechanic, as other can call upon him for other side work at a later date.

Just a thought.

Comment

I'll come hang and drink beer, just like usual. I'm not terribly interested in doing the jet bolt change...but I'll watch and generally get in the way, and of course, drink beer.

Since I have the S02PP's, I won't get it out if it's too cold, but either way, I will be there whenever.

Did I mention the part about drinking beer?

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
                    --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

I'm with Greg on this one. :hi2:

By the way, did I mention already how scary it was to drive the S2000 last Saturday? Those tires definitely are not made for the cold, nevermind the snow...
                      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Yea, it can be damn scary in the cold with those tires. When I lost my first bitch into the wall, there was no snow around. It was just damn cold - about as cold as it is out now.

BTW, I just walked over to the lake a bit ago and took a bunch of neat pictures, I'll go through them and post the interesting ones...

Ulrich, that just means there will be more brew for us, right?

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
                        --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

I'll be sending a note to all of you by PM detailing the arrangements for this Sunday. If you have not got your detail information by the end of the day today, 27 February, please notify me by PM or otherwise at 630.670.6050 and I'll make sure that you get the details by some means.

Thanks,
                          Harry

Comment

Working...
                          X