Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going away gathering for Greg part III...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going away gathering for Greg part III...

.....I know Ulrich brought this up in the other forum. As you know, I'm trying to get the Midwest groups attention to this forum for posting of local events for various reasons.

Well anyway....suggestions on dates or anything?

I know Ulrich proposed Feb 15 or 16th....I may be able in getting away from Valentine's day WEEKEND but am not sure.

Ulrich fails to realize that when Valentine's day or Sweetest's day falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, a boyfriend/fiance/husband/lover is obligated to celebrate that relationship holiday for the whole weekend.

This allows the female counter part to feel well loved, gloat over those friends of hers that are still single and have no one to spend the whole weekend with, and torment her male counter part to a full extent.

Blah. Valentine's Day (VD for short) is overrated. Though in all honesty, I simply did not look at my calendar in any great detail. The weekend before, we were going to do the bolt install (I think?!), the weekend before that I'll be out of town (I'm selfish that way), it just seemed like a good date.*

I'm open to suggestions/changes/alternatives. I'm easy that way.*

* Note the clever puns!
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Bad pun! Bad pun!

I like calling it VD too... Takes a bit of the "good" out of it

The Chicago auto show is the 14th - 23rd of February. Maybe we could do something around that. Harry, Greg, Keith, and I went last year and it was pretty good.

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

Let's try to make this year's auto show gathering one big get together. Last year we had three groups of S2K owners go on three separate dates.

This year, let's try to make one big showing (maybe even gather at the show after everyone's done spectating), and then all head out to dinner someplace.

feb. 14th weekend is out for me though.

Comment

Yea, I like the idea of a lot of us getting together and going to the show, too. You all know what MY schedule is like, so anytime is fine with me.

Also, I have called it VD for about 10 years now. Somehow it just fits...

So I don't care when, just name it and I'm there! Though last year's show was a bit of a let down. The main reaon I go to that show these days is for the concept cars and they were a bit of a disappointment last year. Oh, the other cool thing was the waterfall display at the Jeep booth...that was very creative!

BTW, Keith is coming down to Chicago tomorrow. Urmil, Harry and I are getting out for dinner...anyone care to meet up tomorrow, just let me know. [email protected]
          "Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
          --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

Well since I am single again I may be up for coming down for the weekend.

Keith

Comment

Welcome back to the club, keith

How does the 22nd for the car show sound for everyone?

Comment

22nd of Feb should be free in my oh-so-busy social calendar. How much are the tickets, or is it a free event? I've never been.

Hey, seems like we're enough people to stage our own little alternative VD event?

Somehow I don't like the sound of that, but what the hell...
                "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Tickets are $10 adult, $5 senior (not sure what the cutoff is, but i'm sure Harry can pass ), rugrats under 12 can get in free with a paying adult. Please, leave the rugrats at home, unless they possess knowledge of cars at least equal to that of an average salesman (Hey, I could walk circles around most salesmen when I was 10, so it's doable!).

Comment

Working...
                  X