USGP -- Are you coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USGP -- Are you coming?

Any folks coming to the USGP want to try to have a get together either inside the track on Saturday or outside the track Saturday evening?

I am up for both

Comment

Yes!!!! Can't wait.

Gus

Comment

I'll be there. My flight arrives around 8 a.m. Thursday, and I'll be at the track everyday.
        2006 Lotus Elise

2006 BMW 330i sport 6MT

2002 S2000 New Formula Red (retired)

Comment

We should be in the turn 1 area. look for the BAR flag on Friday and Saturday. Seeing as how I have never seen a BAR flag besides mine, I should be fairly easy to spot. If you guys want to, Come look us up.

Geoff

Comment

BTW, Bart.

Could you post that link to the Minardi gear that you had? I am in need of a new hat.

Comment

I am thinking of making a last minute trip down there on Sunday - I imagine I can scalp a ticket pretty easily?
              Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Geoff:

By turn 1, does that mean you are going to be in Stand J on Friday/Sat?

Too bad no one has an S2KCA flag.

Here is the Minardi merchandise link:

http://www.minardi.it/eshop/?LN=UK

Comment

Originally posted by GChambers
                  We should be in the turn 1 area. look for the BAR flag on Friday and Saturday. Seeing as how I have never seen a BAR flag besides mine, I should be fairly easy to spot. If you guys want to, Come look us up.

Geoff

Geoff,

Where in Turn 1? We're in Stand J, Row JJ (top row) Seats 7 & 8.

F1DNA

Sebring/Black

T.D.

Comment

On Friday and Saturday it will be hard to tell where we will be since seating is general admission. I believe our race day tickets are Stand J, Section 21, Row V, Seats 1-8

You can give me a call on my cell on Friday or Saturday at 317-753-4561.

Geoff

Comment

So what do you guys think about scalping? Good tickets to be had at good prices on Sunday?

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Meat,

Typically, I would think that scalping is a great idea and you can usually get any seat you want at sliightly less than face value. But, for some reason it seems that there is a lot of buzz around this years event. I wouldn't let that stop me from coming though. I would guess that finding a good seat for the race shouldn't be a problem. If it is a big crowd, you may just have to pay face value for it.

Also, I may be able to come across an extra ticket. Give me a call on my cell by some time early Saturday and I will let you know.

Geoff
                        317-753-4561

Comment

My only thought with scalping is that I can get pretty good seats in the NW vists from the ticket office. So, the scalpers can't be getting more than face, can they??

I'll give you a call on Saturday - thanks for the offer.

edit - crap, no more NW vista tix left!! Not even singles!

Comment

I'm sure they will try to get more than face early in the weekend but come race day, they may get quite a bit cheaper.

Comment

Good (if not great) weather is forecast for the entire weekend.

I would assume many locals and nearby area folks who would otherwise not come, might come this year since the weather is going to be nice, and I heard a rumor that Sunday they plan to run Danica Patrick for a few laps in the spare BAR Honda car as a side show, so fair weather fans and Danica fans might come to the race in large numbers.

Scalpers might be holding out for some profits!

Comment

Originally posted by karwath
                                Here is the Minardi merchandise link:

http://www.minardi.it/eshop/?LN=UK
                                Bart, thanks for the link. If I can't find any Minardi gear at the race(I am not very optimistic) I will be ordering Monday.

Comment

Meat, I've got an extra ticket in Stand J, row w that I'm looking to sell. I've got it up on criagslist for face value $105 but I'd let it go for less for someone on the boards.

-- Tom

Comment

Tom

If I can get it for face value (or alittle less) I am in.

I won't be coming down until Sunday morning however and I'd like to watch the Supercup race - does that work for you?

Edit - BTW, is this NJ Tom from back in the old days? S2KDays '01??? You have PM.
                                    Last edited by meat; 06-15-2005, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJTom
                                      Meat, I've got an extra ticket in Stand J, row w that I'm looking to sell. I've got it up on criagslist for face value $105 but I'd let it go for less for someone on the boards.

-- Tom
                                      Good seats!

What section is that in?

Comment

Meat, I got your pm. The ticket is yours. I'll be giving you a call on your cell. The ticket is in Stand J Section 8, Row W hopefully with a good view of the Jumbotron.

As for the other part, I can neither confirm nor deny any S2kDays 01 activity I may or may not have taken part in... I think I drank too much to have a clear memory of that weekend .

Comment

Working...
                                        X