Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideBilly
    replied
    IMO, the best cars are the '02 and '03 models. The '00 and '01 cars were 'guinea pigs' to some degree, with a lot of minor issues that will keep resurfacing (transmission buzz, inner CV joints, etc) as you own the car. The '04 and '05 is somewhat sterilized. The '02/'03 cars are refined from '01, the engines generally have a bit more power, and the rear suspension is better.

If you're going to mod heavily, start with an '01.

Leave a comment:

• GChambers
    replied
    Originally posted by waltss20003
    I think Geoff's car is slow no matter how he drives it.
    Only in a straight line but I am much faster in the corners. We all know the car is made for the corners.

Leave a comment:

• waltss20003
    replied
    I think Catherine can tell you the differance beteen the 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• waltss20003
    replied
    I think Geoff's car is slow no matter how he drives it.

Leave a comment:

• karwath
    replied
    Originally posted by GChambers
    I have an 02 and my girlfriend has an 04. I drive both quite often. The 04 really is a better car. The suspension has a few bugs worked out of it that the older cars suffer from. Also, the 04 engine is quite a bit more powerful. Consider that the 04 has a slightly higher weight and also has bigger and heavier wheels and tires and is still a bit quicker than the previous models.

But, for driving enjoyment, I prefer my 02. I just absolutely love the way it sounds at the 9000rpm redline. It has a more peaky power delivery and is a bit less refined but it is a blast to drive.
    Geoff -- I am hoping to get a chance to make my own comparison when I am at S2K Days in Las Vegas in a month. I have an older model S2000 reserved at a place that rents sports cars, and the scheduled drives over the S2K Days weekend should give me a real chance to get a comparison.

Leave a comment:

• GChambers
    replied
    I have an 02 and my girlfriend has an 04. I drive both quite often. The 04 really is a better car. The suspension has a few bugs worked out of it that the older cars suffer from. Also, the 04 engine is quite a bit more powerful. Consider that the 04 has a slightly higher weight and also has bigger and heavier wheels and tires and is still a bit quicker than the previous models.

But, for driving enjoyment, I prefer my 02. I just absolutely love the way it sounds at the 9000rpm redline. It has a more peaky power delivery and is a bit less refined but it is a blast to drive.

Leave a comment:

• karwath
    replied
    As far as the enigine goes, the 04-05 model years have a slightly bigger engine, more torque, and redline around 8000 rpm. The prior model years have a higher redline -- 9000 RPM. HP is the same according to Honda. For the most part, I think the sacrifice of 1000 rpm before redline for more grunt, esp in the lower rpms is worth it. However, I have a MY 05 and so I am biased. Others will tell you te older engine is the more pure sports car engine nd revving to 9K is thrilling.

Colors do not seem to be an issue -- people like the color they bought and I am aware of no issue based on color. Of course Silverstone is the best if you ask ME.

The suspension on the 04+ model years is also different and is more forgiving, but all in all, the cars are not that different. You will love either the newer or the older.

Leave a comment:

• tjt
    started a topic Soon to own

Soon to own

I would appreciate any feed back on differences and preferences on what year or generation S2000 to purchase. I presently drive an Acura GSR 5 speed and will soon purchase a Honda S2000.I have read differences on the two engines but haven't read any true user reviews of the two engines. I have to say revving my Acura to 8000 is a quite the thrill. I hear minor changes to transmission and cosmetics but no comparisons. Are there any hot colors or ones a little less desirable? Any input or feedback to help me make a wise purchase would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance.
Working...
X