Indiana Fall Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Fall Run

I'm driving Saturday to Switzerland County and surrounding counties to explore a possible new route for the Fall Drive.
    This area is near Cincinnati so we may attract S2K's from Kentucky and Ohio.
    I'll tell more about the trip later.

Gus

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Looking forward to your report, Gus. If it works out I'd love to make an official S2KCA event out of it!

Comment

I drove 427 miles yesterday round trip, 237 of those where in the areas planned for the drive.
        I left home at 10 AM and returned at 7 PM.
        I did a lot of backtracking to find better ways to get around towns and more scenic routes.
        Now I have a better idea which roads are my favorites and which ones to delete from the route.
        I like to have Geoff come and drive this updated route to get some feedback, some of the roads are very narrow and leave very little room for error and that's my cup of tea but a little scarry for some.

Comment

Gus the route sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by OVERSTEER
            I drove 427 miles yesterday round trip, 237 of those where in the areas planned for the drive.
            I left home at 10 AM and returned at 7 PM.
            I did a lot of backtracking to find better ways to get around towns and more scenic routes.
            Now I have a better idea which roads are my favorites and which ones to delete from the route.
            I like to have Geoff come and drive this updated route to get some feedback, some of the roads are very narrow and leave very little room for error and that's my cup of tea but a little scarry for some.
            Gus, if you liked them, you know I will. Catherine says she is in also if you want to go back down to check them out again.... as long as there are no gravel roads this time.

Comment

Hopefully this isn't as residential as our Floyd's Knob run was?

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

You can count me in !!!!
                MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Any one know when fall colors peak in southern Indiana? This would be a nice time to go drive these roads.

Comment

Usually it's Mid-October.

This website agrees.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/docs/fallcolor.htm

Comment

I'm in,but when?
                      Last edited by nrowe; 08-30-2005, 11:00 PM. Reason: punctunation

Comment

Southern Indiana is beautiful in mid October, but it is very crowded on weekends.

Comment

I'll run whenever the consensus is , but I would suggest that sometime in September might be better for those of us who like to hammer.

Comment

Can someone tell me about this fall run? I would like to go to it.

Comment

As far as dates go -- to the extent it matters, I say let's not do it on Sept. 30- October 3 (S2kDays). I do not want to miss both the Brown County and the Southeastern Indiana drives!

Perhaps the route is off the beaten path enough that the sightseers will not be in our way if we go in Mid October? Plus, with the price of gas going up, perhaps the crowd that drives through SE Indiana just to see the pretty Fall colors will be light.

It sounds like the NSX folks are having a drive on Sept. 23.

Comment

Originally posted by itb_wtf?!
                                Can someone tell me about this fall run? I would like to go to it.
                                Still in the planning stages, no date set and the route is not finalized either.
                                The date will be set first and the route soon after.
                                I'll release the route information as soon as it's finalized, some details such as initial gathering point, place to stop for lunch, and gas stops have to be figured first. I'm thinking of a one day event starting early and ending late, a bit of an "Iron Butt" drive before parking the car for winter.

Gus

Comment

Gus -- the folks who came to the meeting tonight seemed to think October 8 might be a good weekend. How's that sound?

Comment

GChambers - Send me your e-mail and I will forward more photos of the Monterey historic races than you will want. [email protected]

Comment

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by karwath
                                        Gus -- the folks who came to the meeting tonight seemed to think October 8 might be a good weekend. How's that sound?
                                        It's a good date for me too. Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting, wish I would have remembered but too much on my plate this week.
                                        This Sunday I'm driving what I think will be the route.
                                        Gus

Comment

Working...
                                        X