Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MidWest Region Events in 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MidWest Region Events in 2006

    Let's start planning some MidWest Region events in 2006.

    Here are some of the ideas for events that I have had, or that others have shared with me.

    Let's hear from other MidWest Region members about their ideas and desires for 2006.

    What do you think of some of the ideas others have suggested?

    Let's also hear what people think in terms of timing and location.

    Here is the preliminary list of potential ideas:

    1. Autocross Event, possibly in Northern Indiana, Central Indiana, or Central Ohio (Columbus area), etc.

    2. Track day event at Mid-Ohio, Putnam Park (west of Indy), Gingerman, etc.

    3. BBQ or other organized social/car event in connection with an IRL race in the Midwest (Indy 500 6/25/06; Milwaukee 7/24/06; Michigan 7/31/06; Kentucky 8/14/06, or Chicago 9/11/06).

    4. BBQ or other organized social/car event in connection with the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix in Indianapolis 7/2/06.


    -Bart

  • #2
    Originally posted by karwath
    Let's start planning some MidWest Region events in 2006.

    Here are some of the ideas for events that I have had, or that others have shared with me.

    Let's hear from other MidWest Region members about their ideas and desires for 2006.

    What do you think of some of the ideas others have suggested?

    Let's also hear what people think in terms of timing and location.

    Here is the preliminary list of potential ideas:

    1. Autocross Event, possibly in Northern Indiana, Central Indiana, or Central Ohio (Columbus area), etc.

    2. Track day event at Mid-Ohio, Putnam Park (west of Indy), Gingerman, etc.

    3. BBQ or other organized social/car event in connection with an IRL race in the Midwest (Indy 500 6/25/06; Milwaukee 7/24/06; Michigan 7/31/06; Kentucky 8/14/06, or Chicago 9/11/06).

    4. BBQ or other organized social/car event in connection with the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix in Indianapolis 7/2/06.


    -Bart
    All of the above sound great to me! Can we do all of them?

    Comment


    • #3
      There's UBAB.
      There's FWT.
      There's "couple's weekend" in Galena.
      There's talk of getting an S2K group auto-x series going.
      .
      .
      .
      .
      However, if you'd like to have an S2KCA exclusive events, then the preceding will not do.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Urmil
        However, if you'd like to have an S2KCA exclusive events, then the preceding will not do.
        Well, considering we are a club that caters to the actual club members, S2KCA members-only events are always preferred. However, we have endorsed other events in the past and might do so again under the right circumstances.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Urmil
          There's UBAB.

          There's talk of getting an S2K group auto-x series going.
          Huh? How do I get involved???? What can I do to help get this going???

          Urmil, I do not think our events will be exclusively S2KCA events. But, we certainly will be selling the benefits of being a club member at those events!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Urmil
            There's UBAB.
            There's FWT.
            There's "couple's weekend" in Galena.
            There's talk of getting an S2K group auto-x series going.
            .
            .
            .
            .
            However, if you'd like to have an S2KCA exclusive events, then the preceding will not do.
            Urmil,

            I have heard of the FWT, and I think I have heard mention of UBAB (this is a BBQ event you host, right, with the U standing for Urmil?)

            I have not heard of the Couple's weekend in Galena, I even did a search , Urmil, I'd like to hear more about it and the other events you have planned or that are in the works.

            Do you have tentative dates in 2006 already?

            At a minimum, I would want folks to try to organize any other things without creating a conflict with your events, if possible.

            Comment


            • #7
              There are no "my" events. The events I like attending and enjoy in organizing are for all S2K owners. S2K owners are a special breed, regardless of site bias (S2Ki, S2KCA, etc).

              Call me when you get a chance sometime during the weekend. My pm's aren't working properly so can you get my # from either Gchambers or Perry.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll call you Urmil, and I guess I meant the events you indentified not literally your events. Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Urmil, I screwed up your number when I programmed it into my phone. I have been meaning to ask you to pm it to me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Are there enough people in south central Wisconsin to form a chapter? I live in madison, wi and would be interested in helping start one here. Are there 4 more people in this area that are interested? Need a minimum of 5 to start although it wouldn't be much of a chapter if all we could find is 5. Think about it and let me or a director know that you are interested

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm bumping this thread -- any others have ideas or want to volunteer to get some more MW events on the Calendar now that 2006 is here?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have heard that "Brown County" is nice place for a drive, maybe an overnight.
                        Coop
                        Life Member 57
                        KE0BND
                        What other people think of me, is none of my business
                        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

                        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How about a multi-chapter meet for a long weekend? What's half-way between Indiana and Texas?
                          "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                          Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MO, Branson(sp?)
                            Coop
                            Life Member 57
                            KE0BND
                            What other people think of me, is none of my business
                            It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

                            Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If that's within a day's driving (each way) and we get to go up the Talimeda Scenic Byway again, I'm game!
                              "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                              Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Memphis?

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Memphis is about halfway...don't know what's there though.

                                  Edit: He beat me to it...
                                  GTI
                                  R6



                                  Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    blue suede shoes
                                    Coop
                                    Life Member 57
                                    KE0BND
                                    What other people think of me, is none of my business
                                    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

                                    Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Blues, BBQ

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Ulrich
                                        If that's within a day's driving (each way) and we get to go up the Talimeda Scenic Byway again, I'm game!

                                        yes that could be on the way.



                                        and you get too much time off
                                        Coop
                                        Life Member 57
                                        KE0BND
                                        What other people think of me, is none of my business
                                        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

                                        Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X