Let's hear it for a Northern Illinois Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's hear it for a Northern Illinois Chapter

How about we get enough members together to start a Northern or Northwestern Illinois Chapter! My name is Joe Frechette and I live in Fenton, IL and I am tired of seeming to be the only S2000 owner in this area. I'm not sure where we would meet but the details can be worked out later. Hopefully somewhere in the middle would probably be best.
    Just post on this thread or PM me.
    Thanks,
    Griffon
    Last edited by griffon; 02-01-2006, 02:46 AM.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Is the Chicago area in Northern Illinois?
    Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Since I went to school in/at Northern Illinois, I want to be an honorary member.
      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
      Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by meat
        yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by meat
          Certainly Chicago is in Northern Illinois and could take part however I suspect the time may come when they would want a Chicago Chapter.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
            Since I went to school in/at Northern Illinois, I want to be an honorary member.
            Honorary members are good.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by griffon
              Honorary members are good.
              Be careful what you wish for, griff. Ulrich might think it's okay for him to visit!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymaker
                Be careful what you wish for, griff. Ulrich might think it's okay for him to visit!
                That's OK. We can always send him home.(to Germany, of course)

Albert Einstein

Comment

Bump this to the top.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I've heard from a handful of Northern Illinois members who would like to organize a local chapter. Let's hear from some more folks, and then let's plan a get together for when it starts to get warm enough that folks in the area take their cars out of storage.

Comment

Let's keep those cards and letters coming in, folks.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Time to Start Planning a Meeting?

I've heard back from enough folks in Northern Illinois to have the member numbers to get a chapter started, so I thought it might make sense to start discussing a date and place for a meeting in the next month or two of the interested folks.

Most of the folks are just North or West of Chicago, and so perhaps a NW suburbs meeting area might work best?

I'll let you Illinois folks pick the date and place, since I am a Hoosier!

Any other Northern Illinois folks out there who would like to be part of a local chapter for the S2000 Club, let's hear from you guys and gals!
                        Last edited by karwath; 03-11-2006, 07:18 PM. Reason: Griffon pointed out my typo, thanks Joe

Comment

Hey that's great news Bart!!

Comment

too cool!!!

Comment

It would be great to have a few more folks, including some people in Northern Illinois I have not heard back from, but who are long standing members of Club!

Now that we have the interest, we need everyone to follow through and get the local chapter in place!

Comment

Ok....interested (in a NW chapter). Give me more info.

Comment

NW or N. Ill chapter?

Comment

I am for getting something going. If we get enough interest to have a couple of different chapters at some point that would be good too. A NW location would be fine. If you want the cars to show up too, it would be a good idea to set the date for a month or so from now.
                                    Life Member #3
                                    '00 S2000
                                    '17 Civic Sport Touring

Comment

I am for getting something going. If we get enough interest to have a couple of different chapters at some point that would be good too. A NW location would be fine for starters. We have met at the Alumni Club before. If you want the cars to show up too, it would be a good idea to set the date for a month or so from now. And yes, Ulrich shoud be made an honorary member. He was a regular when he lived here.
                                      Life Member #3
                                      '00 S2000
                                      '17 Civic Sport Touring

Comment

That would be great, maybe MsS2000 and I could go to a meet, if there is one around the first of May. Going to Chicago for niece's wedding
                                        Coop
                                        Life Member 57
                                        KE0BND
                                        What other people think of me, is none of my business
                                        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Working...
                                        X