• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auburn Cord Museum Tour and BBQ - May 6

UPDATED --

Here is the itinerary for this event:

Itinerary

For those of us meeting in Fishers, IN (NE side of Indy) we will be meting around 9:00-9:30 AM at the Super Target near the intersection of Interstate 69 and 116th Street, and leaving to head north on 69 at 9:45, to head to Mad Anthony's in Auburn for Lunch.

(see driving directions posted below in this thread)

The group will meet at Mad Anthony's in Auburn, Indiana 114 North Main St., Auburn, IN 46706, Telephone: (260) 927-0500
    between 12 Noon and 12:30 fur lunch.

We have a reservation under the name "Bart."

I'll pass out the free passes to the museum at Mad Anthony's.

Around 1:30-2:00 we will make the short drive down the road to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum (see driving directions posted below in this thread). The Museum said to park in the triangle-shaped parking lot in front of the old building so we can park together).

We have a guided tour (docent) who will lead our group. If you prefer not to have the guided tour, of course you can tour the museum at on your own. If you prefer to not join the group for lunch at Mad Anthony's or if you want to get a head start on the museum, we have a group rate fee for the museum, just mention the Honda S2000 Club at the ticket office and you should get in for $6 instead of the regular $8.

The Museum closes at 5PM, and I am told 2.5-3 hours is more than enough time to thoroughly enjoy the museum.

After the museum, those of us who are staying overnight may want to check in to the hotel, if we have not done so already. You might want to call the Courtyard by Marriott to make sure you have a late check in.

The BBQ/Cook out at Mike Cox's house will be that evening, and I have posted driving directions from the museum to Mike's house immediately above this post.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free top send a PM, or my cell number is 317-502-5960.

It looks like we will have great weather, and a good time. I am looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

-Bart
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Gus (OVERSTEER), suggested a possible cruise to and tour of the Auburn Cord Deusenburg museum in Auburn, Indiana. I took at look at the website for the museum and it looks like it would be very interesting and a good time.

http://www.acdmuseum.org/

Given its location (in NE Indiana), it might be a nice event for folks in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and even the Chicago area.

We could make a nice day out of it, and perhaps (if interest supports it) have a meal there!
    Last edited by karwath; 05-03-2006, 02:40 PM. Reason: Update front page to show itinerary, etc.

I was there a couple years ago for a wedding reception and I really enjoyed it. Great cars and a cool building

Comment

Catherine and I would enjoy going.

Comment

It is close for me. I'm in.

Comment

Hey, while we are up there, we could just have a kegger at Mike's house. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Comment

If not at Mike's I can probably coerce the roomies to let me have people over.

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

There's not much good in Auburn, but Fort Fun is only 20 minutes (10 at S2000 meet pace :LOL: ) and there is a bunch of good restaurants up here.

Comment

It would be a bit of a boring drive there because the roads are all straight but I hear the museum is very interesting.
                Haven't had time to look in to it yet (too much work) but maybe we can get a guided tour.
                Fort Fun look's good for some bruskis and a little more socializing.

Gus

Comment

F-it, I'll host a party.

Originally posted by GChambers
                  Hey, while we are up there, we could just have a kegger at Mike's house. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Comment

I would be interested in joining the group. I will be looking for the date to be posted. It has been on my interest list for a couple of years.
                    Life Member #3
                    '00 S2000
                    '17 Civic Sport Touring

Comment

I was thinking May. What does everyone think?

Comment

I'll stay intouch with this one...Would be a great trip...!
                        MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

If the date works, I'm in. It's a really neat museum that I never get tired of visiting. Beware that at the end of May, Memorial Day weekend, I think they have a Kruse Auction nearby or at least they used to. Also, I'll mention that ALMS is at Mid-Ohio on the weekend of the 19th (it's on my maybe attend list). And, let me add, that May is good as every car club in the world thinks everything has to be in June - I have so many conflicts now it's frustrating.
                          Dave
                          now - '59 white MGA
                          past - '01 S2000 (nine years), four other MGAs, Spitfire, Stag, 63 Vette

Comment

Originally posted by karwath
                            Gus (OVERSTEER), suggested a possible cruise to and tour of the Auburn Cord Deusenburg museum in Auburn, Indiana. I took at look at the website for the museum and it looks like it would be very interesting and a good time.

http://www.acdmuseum.org/

Given its location (in NE Indiana), it might be a nice event for folks in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and even the Chicago area.

We could make a nice day out of it, and perhaps (if interest supports it) have a meal there!
                            I don't live in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, or Chicago but maybe you could consider me coming, Bart? Please? I'm sorry for my earlier reference about you driving a Gayman.
                            "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought you were in just a far west suburb of Chicago.

I was thinking a 2-3 hour drive when I gave those locales. You, and anyone else who would like to come along, are of course welcome to join us!

Comment

I have been there recently, it is worth the trip. They might consder reserved parking so that we could park in a group. Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq04
                                  Beware that at the end of May, Memorial Day weekend, I think they have a Kruse Auction nearby or at least they used to.
                                  The spring auction is May 18-21. Early May would probably be best for us.

Comment

Mike, I was kidding about the kegger.

Early May would be my vote. That time of the year will be tough for me though. The sooner we pick out a date, the better.

Comment

May 6.

Comment

5/6 works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                        X