I know it's not really an S2KCA thing...but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's not really an S2KCA thing...but

...anyone here going to the Wake The Dragon IV event? It seems to be a fairly large showing of S2000 owners. Registration has only been open for 2 days and already there are 70 cars registered.

It's a great S2000 venue regardless of what associations you have....in fact, it could serve as a great marketing stream to introduce owners to the club.

Anyone going?

There's a large UMW and Ohio group going down, as well as rumors of a large Toronto group interested. Texas owners would fit right in with with the UMW and Toronto culture!

kinda far for me but if i wasnt in school i would really go.
    i dont see why it would stop many houstonians. its really a 1 day drive, in fact I left chattanooga at 7am in the morning and arrived to new orleans by 3pm so its not really an entire day. i'm guessing new orleans to houston would be 6 or so hours, but my car broke down lol

Comment

Originally posted by Presidente
      but my car broke down lol
      hey, stop talking smack about my rsx.

Comment

Houston --> Deals Gap = approx. 15 hours according to MapPoint (950 miles). And you're losing an hour going east. It's doable.

Odd. It takes me 15 hours to get to Phoenix and that's 250 miles more.
        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Urmil, I think most of us are more interested in finding another date to do this when there will not be as many cars on the road. Maybe even a week day. It would be more of an S2KCA thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
            Houston --> Deals Gap = approx. 15 hours according to MapPoint (950 miles). And you're losing an hour going east. It's doable.

Odd. It takes me 15 hours to get to Phoenix and that's 250 miles more.
            Houston -> Phoenix = no mountains
            Houston -> Deals Gap = Appalachian Mountains!

Additionally, to get to Deals Gap, it requires about 2.5 hours of secondary roads, some of which are twisty and go through small towns. Still worth it though; just ask Joe, Lips, and Dale, who went up to S2KDays/Wake the Dragon 01!

Regardless of who throws the event, it's a good time with good cars and even better people. If you're tempted to go, you won't be disappointed!
            "Be the change you want to see in the world."
            -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
            '02 S2000 NFR S/C
            '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
            Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Originally posted by GChambers
              Urmil, I think most of us are more interested in finding another date to do this when there will not be as many cars on the road. Maybe even a week day. It would be more of an S2KCA thing.

And for those that aren't that far away, do both!

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideBilly
                And for those that aren't that far away, do both!

Sometimes life is just not fair
                Coop
                Life Member 57
                KE0BND
                What other people think of me, is none of my business
                It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Sometimes life is more complicated

Comment

Originally posted by Coop
                    Sometimes life is just not fair
                    I've done my fair share of driving to get to events. If I'm lucky they're 2-3 hours, but most are 6-10 hours away.

Comment

6-10 hours? Lightweight!
                      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                      Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

20+ to Austin... with Urmil no less!

Comment

11 to NYC, another 4 to Boston, 4 back to NYC, and 11 home...

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideBilly
                            20+ to Austin... with Urmil no less!
                            Hey...what are you talking about Willis? I slept the majority of the way !!!

Comment

So did I!

Comment

I would or will go if my schedule allows it. I does't look like it's too far from Richmond VA.
                                MY 00 #3510
                                ]Mugen Airbox, Headers, Exhaust, Pressure Plate,LSD, Radiator cap NZ dampers, Thermo SW seat track and Thermostat. Sampco intake pipe and radiator hoses, Swift sway bars, Stillen rotors, BBS JDM Forged Wheels.w/ Potensa Re=01R's Nextgear Intake manifold gasket, SPA gauges, Alpine IDA-X001, KCE-350Bt BT adapter, Focal 165-K2P 6.25" Speakers, Phoenix Gold ZX475Ti, Recaro Profi SPG w/Sparco 6 pt harness

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X