Indiana area autocross events for 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana area autocross events for 2006

Here is a list of autocross events for the Indiana area. We have collected dates from the Indy, Fort Wayne and Cendiv schedules and listed them below. Gus, Catherine and I will be attending some of the events on this list. We update the list and add our names as we get closer to additional events that we will attend.

Keep an eye on this post for additional dates and date changes.

Sunday, March 12. Cincinnati Region #1 (Gus and Geoff will attend) Cancelled
    Sunday, March 26. Cincinnati Region #1 (Gus will attend)Rescheduled from March 12.
    Sunday, April 2 , Indy Region Test and Tune, 16th St. (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Sunday, April 9, Ft. Wayne Region, Navistar
    Sunday, April 30, Indy Region, 16th St. (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Sunday, May 7, Ft. Wayne Region, Navistar
    Sunday, May 21, Indy Region, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Saturday-Sunday, May 27-28, SCCA National Tour, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Saturday-Sunday, June 3-4, SCCA Pro Solo, Grissom
    Sunday, June 4, Indy Region, Mt. Comfort airport (Catherine will attend)
    Saturday-Sunday, June 10-11, Cendiv, Rantoul, IL
    Sunday, June 11, Ft. Wayne, To be Announced
    Saturday-Sunday, June 17-18, Cendiv, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Sunday, June 25, Indy/Columbus Regions, Walesboro
    Saturday-Sunday, July 1-2, SCCA National Tour, Milwaukee (We'll be at F1 - you ought to be too!!)
    Sunday, July 9, Ft. Wayne, To be Announced
    Sunday, July 9, Cendiv, Oscoda, MI
    Saturday-Sunday, July 15-16, Cendiv, Oscoda, MI
    Saturday-Sunday, July 29-30, Cendiv, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Sunday, August 6, Ft. Wayne, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Saturday, August 12, Ft. Wayne, Test and Tune, Grissom
    Sunday, August 13, Ft. Wayne, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Saturday-Sunday, August 19-20, Cendiv Championships, Grissom (Gus and Geoff will attend)
    Sunday, August 27, Indy Region, Lafayette Square Mall
    Sunday, September 3, Cendiv, Route 66 Chicago
    Saturday-Sunday, September 9-10, Cendiv, Cincinnati
    Saturday, August 23, Indy Region, 16th St.
    September 25-29, SCCA National Championships, Topeka, KS (Geoff and Gus will attend)
    Sunday, October 1, Ft. Wayne, Kruse Auction Park
    Sunday, October 15, Indy Region, Mt. Comfort (Geoff, Catherine and Gus will attend)
    Sunday, October 22, Ft. Wayne, Kruse Auction Park

Additional information for each event is available at the regions website listed below.

http://www.indyscca.org/
    http://www.fwscca.com/
    http://solo2.cendiv-scca.org/
    Solo II National website.

You can typically find and register for any autocross in the country(except for Indy regional events ) right here...
    http://www.myautoevents.com

Edit:Gus and I are also going to make a few Cincinnati events. Their schedule can be found here.
    http://www.cincyscca.com/solopage.php

I will try to add them to the list as we attend.

Gus, Catherine and I would be happy to help you out and show you the ropes at any of the events that we attend. Come out and have some fun with us.

Edit: BTW, if you come to an event to join us, don't look for an S2000 unless we list it on the date. We will be driving either this:

or this.

Or this... The newest autocross beater.
    Last edited by GChambers; 05-06-2006, 07:02 PM.

Wow Geoff, that's quite a list! Thanks for putting that together for the other Central Indiana members. Now you just need to get Bart out there to see how much damn fun it is (as well as educational).
    Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
    '07 VW Touareg V6
    '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

You're welcome. Actually, Catherine did most of the work.

We'll get Bart out there a few times. His wife got him a helmet for Christmas so he is all ready to go!

Comment

Originally posted by GChambers
        You're welcome. Actually, Catherine did most of the work.

We'll get Bart out there a few times. His wife got him a helmet for Christmas so he is all ready to go!
        Sweet! Now that's a nice wife! (so what's she doing with Bart?)
        Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
        '07 VW Touareg V6
        '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

You guys need to find a better place to race than Navistar. Our parking lot is HORRIBLE.

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

That would be up to the Ft. Wayne SCCA. The only Ft. Wayne events that I run are at Grissom or Kruse.

Comment

Originally posted by photodavo
              so what's she doing with Bart?
              Sshhhhh, don't let her know that I'm the one who got the better end of the bargain, oh well, she probably knows that anyway, and thanks for posting the autocross events!

Comment

List updated.

Comment

I need to find me a car to AutoX. It is fun to watch, better to ride, but I am sure even better to drive. It is always fun to go watch and support Gus, Geoff, and Cathern.

Comment

Walt, just check with us before hand. Sometimes we may be able to arrange a drive for you.

Schedule updated! Cincinnat dates added!

Comment

Hey Geoff, add http://www.myautoevents.com to the links list.
                      For those that don't know MYAUTOEVENTS.COM is a event online calendar, it's free and with it you may find events near your area, get details about events, preregister for events, and find out who has registered for these events. Awesome site.

Gus

Comment

1st post updated. Look for more dates to be added soon.

Also, Indy locals, the April 2 event at 16th St. would be an excellent event for you to get started or to just come out and see what it is all about. Come out and have some fun.

Comment

Geoff, this is a nice list... I may try and squeeze the April 2 event in also. But since the s2k departed in january, i'll have to represent with my vw GLI =(.

Comment

Paul, it would be good to see you.

Comment

Originally posted by karwath
                              Sshhhhh, don't let her know that I'm the one who got the better end of the bargain, oh well, she probably knows that anyway, and thanks for posting the autocross events!
                              If she get's hooked autocrossing that would be the cat's meauwww for you, unless you have a problem with her beating your times.
                              I wish my wife would get hooked, maybe she would be more understanding about spending money on Atom 2, race tires, and fancy go fast parts.

Comment

Damn Gus your wife sounds as under standing as mine.

Comment

Unfortunately the Civic suffered a serious injury this weekend that will keep her out of action for this coming weekend (April 2nd at 16th St). But, Gus and I will be there and will probably run his white CRX in SM-2. Catherine will probably be there in her Miata pictured in the first post of this thread.

Come out and join us.

Comment

I should not have been near a clutch yesterday, after Geoff's clutch went KABLAMO I got back on my CRX and drove home no problem, this morning the clutch is mysteriously stuck like the pressure plate does not disengage. Now I have to start in gear and RPM match to shift.
                                    Good thing Neli is not working Tuesday and Wednesday and her car does not have a clutch.(well not that type of clutch any way)
                                    Also my new 4.57 rear end is shipped today so Thursday the S2000 is back on the road.
                                    Sorry about your clutch Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by OVERSTEER
                                      Sorry about your clutch Geoff
                                      Do you think it was the 5 clutch drops that you did Sunday or the hundred or so that I did before that?

Comment

It seems that Gus is having some difficulties with the clutch in his CRX now. Coincidence? Hmmm....

It is now questionable what we will be doing for the event this Sunday. We may end up in my white Miata with the stipulation that no clutch drops are allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X