Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious get together May 24th in Chicago

Hey all

Ok lets really try and get together memorial day weekend. Harry is having his first track event that he's putting together May 25th at Gingerman. Then Grattan is May 26th. Which I am going to both.
    So lets get together sat the 24th. We can work on our cars, I can flip burgers and drink beer. There should be some new people for these events, with a variety of cars. So brakes and other things need to be worked on.

I want to see many people posting that they will at least make this day. Since I am coming down from GB I have no idea where to have this get together.
    So Harry you need to chime in here as to where.

We just need some room to work on vehicles. Plus I have my truck and trailor to fit in too. And we may need a grill too.

Urmil, I sure hope you can make this day.

I would think that we would leave sat evening for South Haven and stay there for the track day at Gingerman.

I'd come down friday, but I would need a place to stay that can handle 50 feet of vehicles.

Its a month away, so lets get this going.

Keith

Keith,

Actually I will be going on May 25th, just not tracking. The wife has refused it, seriously! I would like to share seat time (and costs) if someone is willing, but not necessary.

As far as coming down on Friday, come on down....don't worry about a place to stay, your trailor and truck will fit fine on Arbordale Ln.

I will not be leaving Saturday evening though. May 24th, Ronica has planned a pajama party wine and cheese....one of our annual themed wine and cheeses (keep in mind, we end up doing more beer, vodka, rum, etc. than doing wine). If you would rather leave early in the AM the next morning, you and anyone are welcome to join in the festivities of the wine and cheese.

Let me see what's on Ronica's plate, because if it's ok with her, and Harry hasn't come up with a location to host the inspection day, I'm willing to do it at the house. We'll just turn the inspection day into the evening festivities for those willing to stay.

BTW, Keith, I don't know if you've heard from Greg recently, but my wife's friends will be at the evening festivities....some of them are major hotties (as are some of the local S2KCA members, which I'm hoping will join as well).

Comment

I'm game at this point.
      Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

I can't that weekend. I'll be in New Ulm, MN. Otherwise I'd be in.

Keep me in mind for future events. I can't wait to meet some other S2K fanatics.

Comment

Hi all,

Keith, thanks for getting this re-stimulated.

Let me give something a try. What if we went to a good and reputable shop and asked them to do the tech inspections for, say, $20 per car. If the shop had a good central location and enough parking lot to hold a barbecue and a keg, it may work out OK.

Please give me your thoughts on this.

Or, if we could get a shop to provide the inspectors and do it in the Hooters parking lot as the guests of Hooters management, that would be OK too.

I'm really open to any ideas. Put on your thinking caps and think. Please.

Although Moto Persona seems to have dropped out of the S2000 scene, maybe they would do it. Lombard is pretty central to Chicagoland and right off of the I-88 and I-355. Has anyone got a special relation with Pete or the owners?

Comment

I could probably do Saturday as long as I am not working. Matt and I will drive up sometime on Saturday whether it be earlier or later, but for now, probably count us in. I am terrible at planning so far in advance and not very detail oriented. (Hence the fact that I have paid for Gingerman, but failed to send in the registration form.) Anyway, I am better at just being told where and when to show up so keep me informed.

Comment

I don't think Pete is at MotoPersona any more.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Maybe someone from the BMW Chicago group can hook us up with the Last Detail shop? I'll check on it.

Comment

<sigh>

By the 24th I'll definitely be in Houston semi-fulltime...

Unless I can arrange a "business trip" up north. But I wouldn't have the car... Would that make any difference with those hotties you mention?

Life's complicated.
                  "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                  Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

The hotties I've mentioned happen to have their own "butt-loads" of cash and their own pride-and-joys that make me somewhat envious....except for the one that drives fully loaded Audi TT. She's the only one of the crowd that has a car that I don't care for.

Comment

I'm game for a meeting, though I'm not sure if I'm going to G-man at this juncture.

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

Harry
                        Could you link this thread to the alfa, or 300Z people coming to your event.
                        We are a civil group of people here. The more the better.

Hotties and Cars, nothing is better then that. Ofcourse they'll all be after meat. hehe

Glad to here Westsidebilly is going to make it.

Wheres Nick and Jason anyways? Haven't seen them in a long time. Come on over boys.
                        Looking good so far. Lets just figure out where?
                        Urmil at this point I will take you up for a place to stay friday night. Thanks
                        Keith

Comment

Keith,

Good thinking about the Alfa and 350Z folks because I've already done that. Did it last night. Also did the Midwest F-Body, Corvette, Mustang and two NSX sites.

I'll let Nick and Jason know about it.

Comment

Oh no! Midwest F-Body's. I am still triing to get over all of them passing me at Road America. To much fun.
                            Well Gingerman is a different story. I'd like to see Heather and her Dinan BMW at G-man.

Thanks Harry, I am sure your event will be a huge success.
                            Keith

Comment

Originally posted by aquatic
                              Hotties and Cars, nothing is better then that. Ofcourse they'll all be after meat. hehe
                              Women are always after the meat, eh?

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

They're female - ain't they???

Comment

Originally posted by meat

They're female - ain't they???
                                  That's it, I'm telling Kari!

As far as places go, I don't care either...I can be anywhere, so I'll just watch and see what you guys want to do. It sounds like it may make more sense to pick something in the burbs since that's where most of you folks live...(why you live there, I have NO idea!)

Hopefully Ulrich, you can make it back on a business trip. We can talk about my hometown...!

And Keith, by a 'serious' get together, do you mean that we can't laugh or tell jokes?? I'm not sure I'd enjoy that too much...but I'm usually the only laighing at my jokes, so it may not be so bad.

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
                                  --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

Urmil,

Did you have any luck with the folks at Last Detail?

Comment

Its getting closer now.
                                      So who up for this. Harry or Urmil any news on where yet.
                                      I will be coming down friday night, staying at Urmils. That is if my car is fixed before then. Its been at the dealership for almost two weeks. Waiting for some oile seal for the tranny. Plus I am getting new clutch plates and tightening the rear diff.

So let see some more interest here.

Comment

I'm sure most of us will want to get to South Haven on the 24th. So, that needs to be factored into the plans. Gman has a "test and tune" session that night that (the 24th) I'm contemplating going to.

Comment

Working...
                                        X