Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a group drive/meet on May 3rd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a group drive/meet on May 3rd?

[Cross-post from "The Other Website"]

Well, I think I'll be taking the car down to Texas the weekend of the 10th. So with that in mind, is anyone interested in some kind of group drive/meeting the weekend before? A quick glance at the Tribune's event calendar tells me that the "Tulip Time Festival" in Holland, MI starts on the 3rd ("Scrubbed streets and six million blooms").

I figure it's about three hours each way, leisurely cruising speed, or maybe a bit longer if you took some side roads along Lake Michigan. One could make a day of it; drive up in the morning, have lunch in Michigan, smell the roses, uhm, tulips and get back to Chicago in the evening. Not that I am a flower fanatic, but it's as good a destination as any.

Or alternatively we could drive out west to The Field Of Dreams. Probably the same distance, and if you followed the old Lincoln Highway, you could get a pretty scenic route.

Anyone?
    Go west, young man!
    50.00%
    Flowers? Thooooper!
    0.00%
    Someplace else entirely.
    0.00%
    I'm busy...
    50.00%
    "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Fudge. That should have been May 3, of course. Can one of the moderators fix the subject?

"Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
    Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

I just fixed for you...

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
      --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

Yes, but you did not vote and said that you wanted to join the group (if there ends up being a group, that is). What the heck, does somebody need to kick y'all out of hibernation?!
        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Sorry, no can do for me. Busy week for me in Cali.

Comment

Me no can do either...sorry.

But if a group comes together, make sure to get our insurance to cover it. Drives on public roads are full of crazy people (and I don't mean people in S2000's!)

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
            --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

Right now it seems that we'd be three cars. Not sure if that'd be enought to make it worthwhile.

Maybe we just need to plan further in advance. I think the World Championship Chili Cookout is taking place in southern Texas at the end of October. That could be a more attractive destination. Should we start the sign-up already? :rolleyes2

Last edited by Ulrich; 04-22-2003, 04:21 PM.
              "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)

Comment

Working...
              X