Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for the CART race in Milwaukee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for the CART race in Milwaukee?

It's happening on May 31 and I plan on going up for it. Anyone else have plans to go?

Check out www.cart.com for more info...typical race schedule. Practice, blah blah blah. Here is the PDF Schedule ... my schedule is up in the air, but my plans are to drive up on Friday afternoon or very early Saturday morning.

Also, if you are/were planning on going to the Chicago GP at Chicago Motorspeedway, you're going to have to get your CART fix elsewhere this year. I understand the venue has gone freaking bankrupt!

CART races are really a blast, even if on a speedway. I am not crazy about the team and engine changes for this year, in fact, I think it sucks...but it's still a great time for race fans.

And of course at Road America on August 3rd is a must, as well. I bring my mountain bike up for that one...the only way to see that race!

Anyhow, any takers? Speak up if you would like to hook up!

"Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
    --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

I'll be at the Greenwich Concours when Milwaukee is going on.

The CART race at RA was cancelled.

Basically, that series sucks now - such a shame because it was, at one time, really awesome.
    Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

I'll be there. Let me know if you decide to go.

Comment

The issues with Road America and CART were resolved and they have agreed to race there in 03 and 04...hopefully longer, as well. But they are on for the next two seasons...

But I agree about CART's decline. I haven't even followed it too much this year because I'm so disappointed in all these goofy changes. Nevertheless, the races are still fun...

Paul Tracy, one of my fave drivers is killing, though, so that's good.

Some of my favorite drivers bailed to the IRL, too...which sucks.

But I'm going to as many races as I can. jahnke, stay tuned to this thread for more plans...

Comment

not for CART, but other RA events

I'll be there for the Brian Redman Challenge (Vintage Races) on July 20 and for the ALMS / SC-WC weekend in late August (23-24).

Any folks going to those ??

Comment

I'll be at the BRIC (with a host of other trouble-makers) as well as the RA 500 weekend.
            Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

Yep, I'll be at the BRIC, too. Not sure what other races besides the CART race, but BRIC for sure.

Comment

Geez, I'm such a putz...I just realized that the CART race in Milwaukee was last weekend. And I was at Laguna Seca...

Doh!

Well, I'm shooting for BRIC, and definitely doing CART at RA this year. We'll see what others, but that is my goal...

jahnke, did you go the Champ car race? How was it? I watched some video now...but I couldn't figure out what happened to Tracy? Looks like a lot of carnage...did Tracy finish 4th? He looks to have lost a wheel too and had some screw ups in the puts...what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Stevens
                  The issues with Road America and CART were resolved and they have agreed to race there in 03 and 04...hopefully longer, as well. But they are on for the next two seasons...
                  Looks like the CART cars will run with Speed Channel World Challenge GT cars this year... the WC Touring Cars will run later that month with ALMS.

No NSX in WC-GT this year, though
                  PD Cunningham is focusing efforts on RTR with the new Sentra SE-R in WC-TC, but a friend of mine is preparing a WC-GT NSX for a few late-season races

Comment

Working...
                  X